We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Call out - GLBTIQQ zine, stories of growing up queer in Australia.

Based on the fact that there is such a small number of aussie queer zines (please email me if you write one on the chance I've missed it), I'm keeping this fairly broad. Basically, I'd like to put together an Australian colaborative queer zine (only Australian-based in content) and I would like personal articles and essays and possibly to a lesser extent, art. I am willing to consider a broad spectrum of things to gauge what is out there - coming out stories, slightly more politically-driven ones relating to contemporary issues. Explorations of gender. I'd prefer longer rather than shorter submissions (1000 words+), but it will depend on the piece. Not every submission will be included, but I will carefully consider them. I'm giving a tentative deadline of June 25 for people to get something to me or to express interest, and I'll go from there if this is at all viable.
runawaykite@gmail.com

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I think this is an awesome idea and I can't wait to read it.
Siobhan Colman comes to mind *why didn't I get her email address dammit* I think her writing would be great for your zine.

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service