* ... pack the pages of a mini zine super full, because one little loose paper in the copier going through crooked really throws off your design the more you have to cut down.
* ... neglect to check your check your copies (if you have them done at a shop) before you get home, trim down, and realize they copied something upside down on the verso of every page.
* ... apologize.
* ... forget to credit other people who submit to the zine!
* ... be afraid to try things.
* ... be afraid to try "old" things. no one has your distinct voice. even if it's a poetry, vegan, music review, perzines, feminist rants, or bike riding zine. =b
* ... over tax an ancient copier at your job with your zine... then have to ask your boss to do a service call because it's mysteriously jammed from running too many (even if 10 is too many! stupid ancient machines...). and then pretend you don't know where that hand illustrated page from a body image zine came from... *cough*.
* ... make a single photocopy of your zine before doing the run to check black values, text placement, and general pagination. better to catch it before making 50 copies.
* ... have fun and be experimental.