We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm wondering -- how many of you guys have kids, and if you do, have you written zines (or zine stories) about them? Not necessarily just talking about mamazines or papazines here. I've been finding myself thinking about the ethics about writing & publishing zines about kids. If you're telling a personal story about a partner/husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/whatever, you can always ask the person for consent first. But you can't really do that with a kid, especially a young one. So is it right to write about them, when you don't know how they will feel about it later?

Tags: children

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

no kids yet ;D
I haven't written about my children ages 18 and 10 per se, but since we're all artists in here-storytelling either in words, song or pictures are a HUGE part of our lives. We've (hubs and myself) heard some songs that we'd been unflatteringly instrumental in inspiring and to that end I think there will probably come a time when a blog post/zine topics will include thoughts/words inspired by the children...it's just part of life.

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service