We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm running a couple zine workshops for kids (age 6-12) this July.  I would love to have some zines for kids or, even better, by kids that I could have on hand to show off.

I only have one by kids right now, a small minicomic about robots and spies fighting each other.  Though I could always use Alexa Kitchen's book Drawing Comics Is Easy too.

Views: 550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dusty Wing is actually the zine I have. I highly recommend it!

Sabrina said:
Check out Subgroup Cursive and Dusty Wing put together by Tod Sahonchik, they are zines made by and for kids. Her son also makes his own zine.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/tods?section_id=5041812

Sweet Candy distro offers zines made by/for kids: http://sweetcandydistro.weebly.com/diy-kid-friendly--parenting-zine...
I have a simple zine-making DIY zine for young kids, you can read about it on my page.
Adrian Fynch said:
I have a simple zine-making DIY zine for young kids, you can read about it on my page.

I've got it.

I actually had it on display with a bunch of other zines at the last zine-making workshop I ran and an elderly woman checked it out and wanted a copy. I sent her your e-mail but I don't know if she ever contacted you.
a few years ago (when i was still in the "6-12 age group") i made a 1/8 size, very short comic about a little girl who does a zine and ends up making friends all over the world through it. i can send you a copy or a few if you like. my drawing skills weren't that great back then and i wanted to do a new version with neater pictures and writing. but if you want zines that really look like something made by a kid then i'll send you the original.
and i will talk to my mom, she is a librarian and i think she did zine workshops for kids before, maybe she has zines/ideas to share.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service