We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

ZINECORE RADIO returns with guests Alison Piepmeier & Andi Zeisler

ZINECORE RADIO returns with guest Alison Piepmeier author of the new book Girl Zines: Making Media, Doing Feminism http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Zines-Making-Media-Feminism/dp/0814767524

& Andi Zeisler who wrote the forward to Alison's book & is co-founder and editorial/creative director of Bitch: Feminist Response to Pop Culture.

The show will air live on MONDAY/JANUARY 18th @ 8pm !!

www.blogtalkradio.com/thezineshow

Tags: alison, andi, bitch, hannah, magazine, neurotica, piepmeier, radio, zeisler, zinecore

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

would it be appropriate to submit questions we may have for the author here?
Yes please do!! =)

courtney said:
would it be appropriate to submit questions we may have for the author here?
i have question for her: why didn't she write about girl zine distros, like riot grrrl press & pander distro? & when she DID write about distros (to tell people where to find zines now), why did she focus so much on microcosm, which does not specialize in girl zines & actually has a pretty sorry selection of girl perzines? (to say nothing of other issues with microcosm...). i know the archive where she did her research had old pander catalogues available for perusal, & pretty much every single person she interviewed worked with pander at some point. seems like an oversight...a big one.

other than that, the book pleasantly surprised me in how much it got right.
This is really cool!! Thank you for all these great broadcasts!!
well hopefully you will be able to check it out! ;)

since i posted there has been some updates:

the episode will be Alison Piepmeier & Andi Zeisler! MONDAY/JANUARY 18th @ 8pm
xoxoxoxox


Violet Fox said:
Glad to have the show back! In the meantime, I've been having to actually focus on work while I'm at work, which has been a bummer.
yeah def!! me too! and now Andi from Bitch magazine is gonna join ;)

since i posted there has been some updates:

the episode will be Alison Piepmeier & Andi Zeisler! MONDAY/JANUARY 18th @ 8pm
xoxoxoxox

Clementine Cannibal said:
i've never heard of this book. sounds awesome. i love it when there's a focus on the girl part of the zine world.
Ciara, great question. I will def ask about it.
since i posted there has been some updates:

the episode will be Alison Piepmeier & Andi Zeisler! MONDAY/JANUARY 18th @ 8pm
xoxoxoxox

ciaraxyerra said:
i have question for her: why didn't she write about girl zine distros, like riot grrrl press & pander distro? & when she DID write about distros (to tell people where to find zines now), why did she focus so much on microcosm, which does not specialize in girl zines & actually has a pretty sorry selection of girl perzines? (to say nothing of other issues with microcosm...). i know the archive where she did her research had old pander catalogues available for perusal, & pretty much every single person she interviewed worked with pander at some point. seems like an oversight...a big one.

other than that, the book pleasantly surprised me in how much it got right.
I am so glad you enjoy them!
since i posted there has been some updates:

the episode will be Alison Piepmeier & Andi Zeisler! MONDAY/JANUARY 18th @ 8pm


Iza Straightshooter said:
This is really cool!! Thank you for all these great broadcasts!!
i'm excited to hear the show as well :)
yay! Kelly you should consider coming on the show sometime! xooxxo

KellyRose-Pulse Zine said:
i'm excited to hear the show as well :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service