We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Anyone got any recommendations for getting your zine printed professionally?

Views: 807

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, I second that question....I'm trying to find someone that prints on newspaper stock. Kind of like those Car Classified ads you get at the convenience store. I would think something like that wouldn't be too much mula....
Zinesters always used to use local newspapers to get newsprint done, I don't know if that's still possible or not? If you're in the UK then www.footprinters.co.uk are the only people to consider!
Try to find a local printer, it usually ends up more cost effective than printing out of state and getting it shipped to you. What I've done multiple times is written up the specs for what I want done, then sent them out to every local printer I could find for a price quote. And let them know that I'm printing a new issue every 3-4 months, so I'm looking to do repeat business with the printer that offers me the best deal. Things they will want to know is paper type (and you can get quotes for newsprint vs. white paper), print run size, paper size, pages, do you want a different type of cover stock or any color. For offset printing, as opposed to photocopying, you really have to be doing at least 500 issues in your print run, often below 1,000 it still can be cheaper to photocopy. I made the jump from photocopying to printing when I started printing 1,000 copies of each issue, but I have the feeling most zines don't do print runs that big anymore.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service