We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So after the disemination and inactivity of various zine podcasts such as Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine and Zinecore Radio theres a void now :(:( just wanted to know whether there was anymore more zine related podcasts out there that were noteworthy.

Thanks

Tags: itunes, podcasts, zine

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd really love to see another podcast too...

Hey! We, Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast, aren't dead! We just come out at the frequency of zines!

I would love to hear or contribute to a new zine podcast or audio collage.  

That's awesome to hear Alex. Has there not been one since August last year though? Just not sure if I'm looking at an outdated website.

I'd love to hear another episode too!

I guess it was last august.  http://nobodycareszine.libsyn.com/ Derek moved back from Buffalo and are opening a brick and mortar shop together (Portland Button Works) So that sort of takes precedence over doing a podcast. We started working in a zine wrap up for 2011 for the podcast but got distracted.

My zine Notes and Bolts now has a weekly podcast that, while devoted to the tenants of the Chicago underground in all of its forms, is still massively interesting to those outside of the Chicago area as well. Last week's episode features Liz Mason of Caboose Zine and Quimby's Bookstore as our guest and future installments will have guests such Edie Fake of Foie Gras and Gaylord Pheonix amongst other zinesters all talking and sharing their playlists. While the subject matter is often NOT zine based, the podcast itself is spun out of a zine, so has a direct relation.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/notes-and-bolts-podcast/id520376235

I'll check it out tonight.  Thanks for posting Kriss.

Hm. Maybe I could put something together. If you guys will send me a brief (5-10 minute) audio recording of you reading from your zine (via email: piratesarah@gmail.com), maybe I could do something with it. I've actually been sort of thinking about how much I miss Alex and Hannah's zine podcasts a lot. 

Shakeytown Radio is my podcast which covers creative folks in Los Angeles. Part of that has been talking with writers and previewing events like L.A. Zine Fest and Shelf Life 2. Today, I'm going to Riverside DIY Print Fest and hoping to interview some folks for an episode to drop Monday. I'm aiming for one zine-related episode out of the four or five a month we put out.

We just posted issue #6 of Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast! We talk about International Zine Month and what we have been up to for the past year. Unapologetically late since 2009!

Hooray!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service