We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

What's your zine called? Where did the name come from?

Views: 2957

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glass Head. If my head was glass and you could see inside it ...
I'm trying to decide between

-The Other Shoe (as in 'waiting for the other shoe to drop')

-Lone sock

-The Macrocosm (There's a microcosm publishing, so this probably won't work)

-Nine Paper Planes

-ISO 1600 (reference to cameras; you can have the fastest shutter with an ISO of 1600)

-Frozen Time.

Any suggustions?
Breakfast at Twilight: is a Philip K. Dick short story I really like, though it has nothing to do with the zine. I thought it would make a good zine title, though.

Evolution Comics: I found out that there's an actual comics publisher called this, so I probably won't keep the name if I draw another one. But it's about Jesus and his pet dinosaur and I wanted to make it clear that it's a comic book, so there you go.

Black Light Diner (distro): It's the name of a Wesley Willis album. Again, like BaT, I chose it more for the sound of the phrase than what it means. I don't even own this album, nor listen to a lot of Wesley Willis.
My zine is called Little Grrrl Lost & Found. The name speaks to my journey of self discovery...where I have been and how it has changed my life - --- my sufferage has allowed me to truly find myself.
Doctrinal Expletives. It's a Carcass song I really like, which is about the importance of not living strictly by other people's words, which I think is pretty relevant to doing zines.
My zine is called "My Flesh Heart" it's something pulled out of the bible. It just has a pretty ring to it ^-^
Weepy Gonzales- I'm speedy, sure, but I'm more weepy than speedy.
what an awesome thread! i wrote up a little piece in "motor city kitty" #2 (i believe...it's been a few years) all about names and why i'd chosen them (for bands, for zines, etc.)

"motor city kitty" was the name of my dad's cat when i was a kid. he lived in detroit at the time. i hate that city, and that cat wasn't really nice to me, but i always thought it was such a cool name. and i AM a future cat lady in the making.

i've done two issues of "the art of conversation with yourself"- an ani difranco lyric.

"gnosis" (my high school zine) came from hedwig and the angry inch (which i am STILL obsessed with. just got my hedwig tattoo finally, actually! gotta throw that in there haha)

"hello cleveland: this is scum & noise" was a comp zine i made with two of my friends. it was originally going to just be my johnny & i. he went by "johnny scumface" while i had gained the moniker "cleveland noisemaker" (from the issue of YM magazine i had been featured in in 2003...claim to fame anyone? ha!)

"culture shock" was my very first zine. i got the title from a pacific sunwear ad that said "culture shock: people might stare." as a young punk with crazy hair, that's what i always felt like. people staring.

i've had some other random little one-offs. "rose petals" (dumb!) and "candy sugarless pleading protest" (mashup of rxbandits lyrics and silverchair lyrics haha)...i think that's it.

oh and i'm making a food zine eventually. it will either be "my little cookbook" (cuz it sounds cute) or "gut instinct" (my ex came up with that, as he was gonna work on it with me, so i feel a bit weird using it. but we would always cook at 3 A.M. and just make things from whatever our guts told us we should eat. and they were always really great. his gut did the most talking.)

AND i'm making a poetry comp zine, tentatively titled "blood oranges" because it was a name my best friend and i came up with like 3-4 years ago for just such a project.

phew. that was longer than i expected.
All Things Ordinary- after the song by The Anniversary on "Designing a Nervous Breakdown"
Lone Sock is GREAT!

Amy said:

-Lone sock

-Nine Paper Planes

-ISO 1600 (reference to cameras; you can have the fastest shutter with an ISO of 1600)

-Frozen Time.

Any suggustions?
Each one of my zines have had a different name. The last one I called "Paper Rat C" as a play on the word poperatzi. It was/is all about paper.
yeah. It's between Lone Sock or ISO 1600. The problem is Lone Sock only works if I do a collection of one shots, and I might not do that.

Bethany said:
Lone Sock is GREAT!

Amy said:

-Lone sock

-Nine Paper Planes

-Frozen Time.

Any suggustions?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service