We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

This might seem kind of random, but do you think it is better to have a zine that starts with the letter "A"? I mean, when I'm reading reviews, I don't usually read them all. Just the first few and the last few. Am I weird this way, or is this true?

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True. I just figured it was something to consider. I do read the first few A names then scroll down to BS as well. Hmm.
Lol. I probably overthing stuff. But the name for the zine I'm going to start starts with "I" so I was just thinking that I'll be right in the middle.
it's ISO 1600. I'm not entirely set on the name yet, but yeah.
It doesn't have that many pics, cause they don't look very good in b/w. I've got my flickr, though. (www.flickr.com/amyds). I just love taking photos and wanted to throw that in there.
Do a zine called AARON AARDVARK. Then do a zine called ZACHARY ZEBRA and see which gets more orders.
You are definitely overthinking stuff. As Adam said... it's the quality of your work that will determine readers, not what letter your zine name begins with.

Amy said:
Lol. I probably overthing stuff. But the name for the zine I'm going to start starts with "I" so I was just thinking that I'll be right in the middle.
I go through all the letters and read the ones with interesting names. The more interesting the names should have great covers. I love covers and judge a book by its cover.
That would be interesting. Would have to figure out how to do that...

Adam Icarus said:
Maybe you could make a zine about over thinking things, and include an article about zine naming and it's repercussions. I'd read it if there was some sort of research/experimentation involved.
Alphabet Concerns is a good band name.
Or a zine :D
That's true... huh. I'll probably just stick with the name I was planning on using and see how that goes. If I end up in the middle of all the lists, I'll just cal it "A 1600 ISO" instead.
lol. I still like ISO 1600 better. It probably won't be a big issue anyway.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service