We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

This might seem kind of random, but do you think it is better to have a zine that starts with the letter "A"? I mean, when I'm reading reviews, I don't usually read them all. Just the first few and the last few. Am I weird this way, or is this true?

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry.
Yeah. I'm in a bad mood kind of a lot.

Zines are good at expression. That's one of the nice things about them; you could never get that stuff in a magazine.
I think you do yourself a disservice to only read review from the beginning. Unfortunately, I don't think you are alone. When I worked at distro we saw a very much larger percentage of zines at the beginning of the alphabet being sold compared to those later in the alphabet.
the alphabet issue is less of a problem when the zines are divided up by letter. it's easier for me to navigate distro sites that are split into, like, A-D, E-J, K-O, etc, than when it's just page after page of reviews that, yes, may be in alphabetical order, but if i am looking for a certain zines, i have to keep scrolling.

when i am reading reviews on paper, i just skim until something in a title or description catches my eye. i definitely think just reading the first few or the last few descriptions in a zine review zine or distro catalogue is going to cause you to miss some awesome stuff.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service