We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

After some destructive individual decided to delete the zinemap I made last time I've finally found time to remake it. This time I'm putting more effort into it.

The reasoning behind it

There are a few main ideas behind the map
1. To find out about zines and distros you didn't know existed
2. To stimulate zine scenes in geographic locations
3. To let people know about zine resources/zinesters in areas when they visit

Making the map

I have used contact detail from zines/the internet to place the mapmarkers, if any of this is out of date and you know, please let me know. Additionally, if yu do not want to be included please get in touch and I'll take you off. Please bear with me as I'm not done with the list of stuff I have to re add yet so may take a while to respond!

I've had to make it edited by me only as when it was open it got destroyed. Anyone who would like to help me in the giant task of filling it in, please let me know!

The Map can be found at: http://bit.ly/zinemap

Contact me at zinemap AT hotmail DOT com

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great project - we'll be in touch to add our info. ---Margarat
This looks magic, Stephanos. Good to see my friend Katie from the La La Theory on there.
So far I have managed to put my list of zines N-Z and distros I know of on there. Just moved house but plenty more to go. I'm glad people think it will be useful!
*bump* cos noone has contacted me yet;)
I just sent you an e-mail with our updated mailing info, thanks again for adding Sweet Candy Distro!

Sage~
This is sooooooo cool! Thanks for doing this. I would love to be included. Please let me know what info you need from me.
Chantel G. said:
This is sooooooo cool! Thanks for doing this. I would love to be included. Please let me know what info you need from me.

anything you want to include basically. webadress is always handy and i'd need a postcode/roadname to put a marker in place. can put full postal adress/myspace/whatever zines you do as additional info too if you like
Rachel Radical said:
So cool, please add me! This is something that I have been thinking about for a while!

pm me your contact details and i'll whack 'em up!
Hey, this is awesome, Steve. Good going.
neat neat neat!

2 toronto updates:
the listing for Infiltration zine is outdated. from what i know liz moved to nyc and franndroid of great worm express is dealing with all distro for the zines (and possibly book?)
and on that note, there are two listings for great worm express distro -- the richmond st address is incorrect, the bloor po box address is his current and correct contact info.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service