We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I have been thinking for awhile about how there needs to be a comprehensive and up to date zine event calendar and since I default to DIY I thought I would do it myself.

I know we have event listings here on We Make Zines but sometimes people don't post them. Or, they know about them but don't think they can post them because they are not an organizer of the event. I have started a listing on my blog of zine events here. I'd like for this forum discussion to be a place to mention new zine events that I may have missed or even just a place to talk about upcoming zine events to see who is going. Maybe even organize a We Make Zines meet up at the event.

So, feel free to check out my listing page and suggest things I missed.

As for zine events, the next one I am attending is the Richmond Zine Fest. Anyone else going?

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for creating this, this is great!

I updated the zine event listings. I have been doing it monthly. Here it is.

I have also started a google group for zine event organizers so that we can network and share ideas and sold problems together. So far we have people from around the world and it is pretty exciting. If you are a zine event organizer consider following the link and joining.

This listing will soon be moving to stolensharpierevolution.org Stay tuned and pass the word!

Hi Alex,

The full programme for The Festival of the Photocopier 2012 is up now on the Sticky Institute website at www.stickyinstitute.com.  Cool.  Luke/Sticky.

thanks! I'll get it up.

Thanks Alex.  You know you really must come on over to Melbourne some time.  We have zines, beer and kangaroos! Luke/Sticky.

Luke! If you can get a kangaroo to serve me beer I'll be there! Actually, Dave Roche informed me that we are in a competition for attending the most zine events. I really need to make it down there. Wish I could find some funding for it!

Alex,

Thanks for putting together the blog. I am hoping to get to the Chicago Zine Fest this year as a civilian (non-tabler). 

civilian. lol. Once you have been consumed by zines there is no going back!

Also, I'm going to be moving this over to the new StolenSharpieRevolution.org tonight, so check that out.

I've been bad at updating the Stolen Sharpie Revolution site. Getting Portland Button Works off the ground has sort of taken over my life. BUT! I spent awhile this morning updating the Zine Event Listing atwww.stolensahrpierevolution.org

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service