We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know a handful of us were talking about planning a zine fest last year but it never really got off the ground. I have a contact with a small venue in south west LA (called McWorld - http://5011.info/ ) where I think we could put something together. I'm looking to pull something together by June or July so ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you can do any of the following:

donate time for planning
donate promotional materials
donate a website and/or website design
design a flyer/banner/etc
help coordinate tablers
help promote!

Also, if you're interested in tabling, you can let me know here or through my profile and I'll keep you posted on that as info becomes available.

Thanks!
Jen

Tags: angeles, event, fest, la, los, zine

Views: 133

Replies to This Discussion

Mere - keep me in the loop please! Is there a mailing list set up or anything?

I am in the process of getting a grant from the Arts Council Long Beach for a zine fest, but I don't want it to overlap or take away from the L.A. Zine Fest that is apparently underway (!!! YAY!). I am working with Se Reed at Open to do something down here, but maybe it can be a LB component to the fest at large?

Keep me updated about a possible meet up in June. We should definitely all get in one room/backyard and talk about this.

Bookmachine (inside Hibbleton Gallery), May 6th, 6p-11p This Friday!

223 S. Santa Fe

Fullerton, CA 92832

Come say hi! We'll have a massive load of zinesters there from LA and OC.

--a'misa 

Jen said:

a'misa - that event sounds pretty cool. and so does Book Machine. do you know the address?

paul - that's an awesome offer. it would be great to plan a zine event in the evening. let's keep in touch.

Attachments:

Jen! There is a mailing list here: http://lazinefest.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=3f317c24f8f6c6b49...

We'll probably have the mailing list and website fully set up by the end of the month. Hopefully you can make it to our little meet n' greet in June!

By the way, I think my friend Rhea (who is one of the main organizers as well), got a bunch of zines from you a few years ago or something? I remember her mentioning you to me!

Yeah totally. I think I gave her my old distro stock. How cool. :)

Hey all,

Though I live out in Riverside, I know lots of California zinesters, and I am interested in helping promote any So Cal Zine Fest.  I am helping to organize the 2011 Riverside DIY Print Fest at the Riverside Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 28, 12-4p.  You are invited to submit ideas for workshops, demonstrations, or discussions you would like to lead pertaining to any aspect of DIY print and publishing culture that interests you.

Also, if you (or you and your fellow DIY publishing pals) want to reserve a table to sell, promote, and/or give away your creations, please contact us at riversideprintfest@gmail.com. There is no fee to reserve a table!

If you want to conduct a workshop or secure a table for the event, please respond to riversideprintfest@gmail.c om by Monday, May 23.

Finally, PLEASE HELP US PROMOTE the event. Below is all the information you will need to for your contacts:

THE RIVERSIDE DIY PRINT FEST 2011:
Page Terror and Spittin’ Hot $@#!
@The Riverside Metropolitan Museum in Downtown Riverside
3580 Mission Inn Avenue, Riverside, CA
May 28, 2011 12pm-4pm,
FREE

Saturation is a DIY art and music festival that occurs semi-annually in Riverside, CA. Saturation is a labor of love, and it’s successful because of the incredible talent in Riverside. We keep doing it because it’s fun, and because it’s vital to keep up the hard work on behalf of the bands, artists, and community that make Riverside uniquely creative and supportive.
Thanks,
Angela

LA Zine Fest now has a facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/pages/LA-Zine-Fest/126092794135808

We're still on the hunt for a venue!

hey mere,

plummer park has a rec center that might be good. it also has a cool outdoor area that people could also table at. i have no idea how much it would be to rent it but it might be worth a shot?

I'd be more than happy to help with promotion, flyer/banner design, planning time and/or tabling

As far as venues go, maybe see if the LA Gay and Lesbian Center might have space or know of space somewhere for cheap? I know this isn't a queer-specific event, but they host conferences and stuff all the time. 

SO excited that this is happening!

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service