We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

While thinking of ways to make life more interesting, I thought maybe I'd start a book club.  And then I thought... what about a zine club?

Anyone tried this?  Think it could work?  I figured with how busy people are nowadays, maybe people would be more interested in a zine club.  It's much easier to sit down and read a zine than a whole novel.  And I find sometimes they're easier to talk about.  Do you think it's a good idea?

Views: 239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

mmmm is this any help?? i found this site that does a zine club kinda thing....
http://www.zineofthemonth.com/about
That sounds really amazing. I think if your club had a theme (feminist zines, perzines, mental health zines, something like that), then it would be easier to choose issues, and each zine would kinda serve as a jumping-off point for more in-depth discussions maybe?

I think this would work particularly well in college/university, where people live closer together and have a little more free time!
Or as part of a regular zine social

Catherine Elms said:
That sounds really amazing. I think if your club had a theme (feminist zines, perzines, mental health zines, something like that), then it would be easier to choose issues, and each zine would kinda serve as a jumping-off point for more in-depth discussions maybe?

I think this would work particularly well in college/university, where people live closer together and have a little more free time!
Sage of Sweet Candy Distro started up a zine club when she lived in Philly. (This was 2005-2006, I think.) She hosted a zine library and alternative arts center in her home and once a month a couple of people met up for Zine Club. We all would read the same zine and talk about it, and zines in general, and eat snacks. It was a blast! Sage runs a distro so it was easy to pick out zines and have enough available... we read and talked about some pretty awesome zines, and also got to talk to each other about our own zine ideas. It was good times and I hope you get the chance to try it yourself!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service