We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hello all, I hope this note finds you well.
I'm in the process of putting together a zine/craft event to be held in Reading in October. I'm really just trying to gather some interest right now. If you're a zine/crafty kind of person please get in touch if you' d like to be involved in any way!

Thanks,

Matt

Half A Pigeon zine

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've only recently got into zines and have never been to a zine event before. I could imagine going to this event but because I'm in Birmingham it would all depend on finances, time, what the rest of my family are doing etc. Other tha visiting though, I'm not sure what else I could do as I'm not really experienced enough in zine making to have a stall or anything.
Reading's too far for me to come (I'm in Yorkshire), but I wish you luck!
hey matt, would really like to get involved!

if you/anyone is in london this weekend come to this alldayer thing at 56a, the library is amazing http://wemakezines.ning.com/events/56a-zine-library
forgot to add a contact

myspace.com/halfapigeonzine for interested parties!

speak soon
The actual Reading in Berkshire, or the american one? I used to live in Reading (the UK one). Where are you thinking of holding it? I know the Rising Sun Arts Centre would be up for it, they've done stuff like that before. Their last zine thing was in 2003 though.
Sorry, I realised I've got some of yr zines when I looked at the myspace, you're scottish Paul's friend aren't you? I always forget to bring any zines with me when I come to Reading, even though I'm there about once a month.

I'd be up for having a stall, but I couldn't get involved with organising really, because I don't live in Reading anymore. If you want any tips though, I'm one of the organisers of the Brighton Zinefest.
Oh actually I got yr zine confused with Lethargy. Why does it all kick off when I leave a place? I'd be up for trading tho.
haha yeah lethargy started up recently. mines be plodding along a little longer than that. it is going to be at the rising sun yes...
would be great to have you involved for sure, whats yr zine? always up fr trading/getting distro add meee myspace.com/halfapigeonzine
Awesome, another local ziney thing, hope i'm still around down south in October to be able to come along.
Oh mee, meee, pick meeeeee!
I live in Reading!
I run marching stars distro: www.marchingstars.co.uk
I LOVE zine events!

Ok, so I actually go to uni in Nottingham... and will be in Nottingham in October... but I'll SO be back for this if it happens!!
Reading,PA?
I'd be up for getting involved and probably getting a table, I live in Cumbria though so I wouldn't be able to help with organisational things.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service