We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

What do you guys do when you hit a slump artistically? I really want to get my zine started up again... I've been trying and trying for months to write something decent... I just can't seem to get anything down on paper that I deem worthwhile anymore. I'm having trouble writing this, even.
So, my question is, what do you do when you feel like this is happening?

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. I understand completely - It's just difficult for me, because I have the time to do it right now, and I FEEL like I am at a point in my life in which I should be inspired (new relationship, on the brink of graduating from my shitty school, losing friends, etc)... but I just have nothing to say.

Joseph Delgado said:
what works for me is just walking away from it. giving it some space and time. i find, for myself that is, that when i try to force something it completely falls flat...i have noticed that the inspiration comes to me at the strangest moments when i am so not thinking about the creative process. perhaps immerse yourself in something you like but is far removed from your zine and maybe just maybe that spark will rekindle when you least expect it....ok ill stop with the metaphysical bs for now...lates
what i do, and what you can maybe try out or whatever, is go for long walks, completely alone, but with your thoughts, and have your ipod, loud music blasting through your ears, and you always see interesting things. u see something, then ur mind starts to generate its own thoughts, then makes you want to write it all down in your own creative way. this gives me a long stream of new ideas for a page in a journal or zine.
Ugh, I know how you feel- I've been "working" on my perzine for about a year now, and have NOTHING on paper yet. I just keep sputtering to a stop. I think my other zine is a little easier because it's mostly me going through old journal entries and plucking stuff out and polishing it up. Maybe it'll help you get your juices going if you look through old zines you have, old journals, etc.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

¬© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service