We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Will you take my DVD zine / I'll take yours...

Hi,

I make films in the UK for no money. I just made a feature called Wrists and you can read about it here - wristsfilm.blogspot.com and I was wondering if anyone would like to take a few copies of the DVD+zine to distro. I don't want any money for it I just want people to see my film.

I also wrote a piece about Film Gigging (which I'm doing at the moment) here - 

And my next question is do you have a film over about 30 mins (or a collection of shorts and stuff) that you would like me to distribute? I'm thinking about the possibility of a DVD label like a lo-fi record label and I'd be interest to know what you though. 

Cheers, 

John

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i love that idea of a DVD label, oh http://etzinedistro.blogspot.com/, i'm interested in helping you.
Hello,
I'd love a few copies to slip in with orders. My distro web address is: http://thissaturdaynight@yahoo.com
Thw Free Rent Community just received a DVD along with a ZIne in the mail that we reviewed today. We are happy to review short DVD's. We review zines, music, art, short Do-It-Yourself DVD videos and most short creative and short artistic material and items which are directly, indirectly or barely related to love and/or feminism and/or especially about women creating a better world through direct action and/or Civil Disobedience. If your DVD is a feature length I also recommend doing a short version of it. That way you can send out the short version to folks and also use it as a trailer. I saw some of the clips on your website but a short version can be nice too. You can find our form for submissions on our website at www.freerentcommunity.org

Also, I think your best bet for getting your film shown is using the film festival directory found here and then reading all the summaries to find out which ones have no application fee or a very cheap application fee and then submit to them. If even one film festival shows your film it can be worth all the postage for you. I also recommend that you check this "list of film festivals that do not charge a fee"

Do a search for this phrase: "film festivals" with no application fee

Make sure you place the quotation marks around the first two words and you'll get a lot of places that come up.

When doing research I recommend that you say to yourself "this is what I want" now I will search for it using the word free to see if i can get it free! You might find some distros like that too. Hope that helps. :)

Love, peace,
Thw Free Rent Community

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service