We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I live in Manhattan and it's really expensive. Help!

I need contacts, preferrably in other cities and other states. Note: I mean a place that will make the copies on nice paper and saddle stitch it for me. Not looking for self-copy.

ideas???places??

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For the next issue of SYNDICATE PRODUCT, I'm finally making the leap from copying, folding, stapling myself to a digital-print-on-demand place a lot of minicomics people have used called ComiXpress. They do good work, and given what Staples/Office Depot charges anymore, it's a great deal. (Note: Please don't tell me to use a mom-and-pop copy shop... they don't exist anymore, at least not around Philadelphia/S. Jersey.) But I'm going to check out Joe's suggestion, too, although that may be a better choice for Portland-based people.
Joe: Can you list a few titles that Microcosm has printed with either of Eberhardt or 1984? I'm intrigued but concerned about shipping costs across the country.
I cannot get anyone at 1984 (Amy) or Eberhardt (Charles) to reply via phone or email. I have sent both 2-3 emails and called somewhat obsessively. No one picks up the phone or returns a message. If you can advise please do as I would really like to use their services.



Joe Biel said:
doris #23, applicant and dreamwhip #14 were done at 1984. there's more but i can't remember.

pretty much all of the zines we do are printed at eberhardt. i don't know if you've seen perfect mix tape segue #5 but that one came out pretty nice. unlike comixpress, they don't do tight registration full color, but can do a series of spot colors, which normally look nicer anyway.

good luck!
I'm also getting no response from Eberhart via email, and I'd really like to use them, as I found out a friend had two issues printed there and they looked great.

We'll Never Have Paris said:
I cannot get anyone at 1984 (Amy) or Eberhardt (Charles) to reply via phone or email. I have sent both 2-3 emails and called somewhat obsessively. No one picks up the phone or returns a message. If you can advise please do as I would really like to use their services.



Joe Biel said:
doris #23, applicant and dreamwhip #14 were done at 1984. there's more but i can't remember.

pretty much all of the zines we do are printed at eberhardt. i don't know if you've seen perfect mix tape segue #5 but that one came out pretty nice. unlike comixpress, they don't do tight registration full color, but can do a series of spot colors, which normally look nicer anyway.

good luck!
Aj Michel said:
I'm also getting no response from Eberhart via email, and I'd really like to use

I would bet most printers close this week for Christmas, they probably just finished a massive month of work and last minute orders and want to give their staff a break. That's what most of the offset printers around here do.
An update! Received an e-mail from Charles late last night with a quote and some details. Have emailed him for more details about file set up and such before I start layout.

Dan 10things said:
Aj Michel said:
I'm also getting no response from Eberhart via email, and I'd really like to use

I would bet most printers close this week for Christmas, they probably just finished a massive month of work and last minute orders and want to give their staff a break. That's what most of the offset printers around here do.
i like minuteman press.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service