We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

WHAT BROUGHT DOWN THE PLANE IN THE HUDSON RIVER?

Don’t you just love a story with a happy ending? In a world full of gloom and doom, isn’t it wonderful to hear about a near miracle whereby all the 155 passengers on the US Airways flight are safe and sound after crashing in the Hudson River. I can’t begin to imagine the feelings that those poor souls went through and the stress which followed. I’m quite pleased to learn how all the passengers have been awarded $5,000 each to cover the loss of their luggage until they can be retrieved.

However, they are all safe and sound and on that score I would like to take licence and throw in a little light-hearted ‘funny’ based around the conspiracy theory which always abounds after such an event. In this case this is unfounded, because a flock of birds have been proven to be the cause of the crash after inspecting the flight black box. So please, don’t take offence when I ask you in complete joviality just who or what was responsible. Take a very close look at the picture and see if you can guess what happened. When the penny drops, please come back here and give your comments. We can have a great laugh with this one while we celebrate the sparing of the lives of the passengers of Flight 1549.

Now don’t blame me for starting this. It is going round the Internet like wildfire and although I don’t usually condone such humour, I want to make an exception in this case. I’m still chuckling. Just look at the expression on those little ‘harmless’ ducks lol. Are they on a mission or what?

Views: 23

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not funny at all.

Seriously not funny.

What about the fact that there is a report going around that the plane was seriously under serviced??? Previous passengers reported weird noises. Why doesn't that get discussed and covered? How many planes are in the air DAILY that are under serviced???????? THAT is the real topic to be discussing. Come on.

Stop spreading hate. This is not funny.
Kelly Kilmer said:
Not funny at all.

Seriously not funny.

What about the fact that there is a report going around that the plane was seriously under serviced??? Previous passengers reported weird noises. Why doesn't that get discussed and covered? How many planes are in the air DAILY that are under serviced???????? THAT is the real topic to be discussing. Come on.

Stop spreading hate. This is not funny.

Point taken and a good one regarding the unfit state of planes that are in service. However, you are missing the point. This is an attempt to lighten the load and discuss the real topic which is that everyone of those passengers survived. I'm celebrating the fact that their lives were saved. How can this be spreading hate?
Are those ducks supposed to be wearing shower caps? Please tell me those are supposed to be shower caps...I hate to think what this picture is supposed to be expressing if those are not supposed to be shower caps.
Mike O'Hare said:
Point taken and a good one regarding the unfit state of planes that are in service. However, you are missing the point. This is an attempt to lighten the load and discuss the real topic which is that everyone of those passengers survived. I'm celebrating the fact that their lives were saved. How can this be spreading hate?

How in the WORLD is it "lightening the load" and not hateful to make that kind of a joke??? I can take off-color jokes, but there is certainly a limit. How exactly are you celebrating saved lives by making a generalization of such horrible nature about the 1.5 billion people in the world who practice Islam??? Perpetuating this highly unfair stereotype in ANY way is spreading hate.
..... .......................................... hah! oh I GET IT! They're TERRORIST ducks because they're wearing TURBANS!! HiLaRiOuS!!!! that took me AGES to get.... lucky I read the jabbering diatribe to go with it first, or otherwise this joke would have GONE COMPLETELY OVER MY HEAD UNLIKE THE AEROPLANE! No pun intended so DONT BLAME ME.
womans monthly said:
..... .......................................... hah! oh I GET IT! They're TERRORIST ducks because they're wearing TURBANS!! HiLaRiOuS!!!! that took me AGES to get.... lucky I read the jabbering diatribe to go with it first, or otherwise this joke would have GONE COMPLETELY OVER MY HEAD UNLIKE THE AEROPLANE! No pun intended so DONT BLAME ME.

Thank goodness. Someone who doesn't see the world's shadow in this piece. The only hate that I see coming from this page is from those who only see hate in others. Laugh and the world laughs with you although I've got a feeling I'm about to be corrected.
I'm not going to argue whether something is or isn't funny -- we all have a different sense of humor, and I tend to crack up at things that 99% of other people wouldn't find funny at all.

I don't see how any of the posts protesting the "joke" have any hate in them at all, except maybe hatred for ignorant intolerance. And no matter your intent in posting this, benign as it may have been, the fact remains that it is incredibly disrespectful. It's not just "the world's shadow" as you put it. I'm all for making light of things, but not at the cost of another's dignity.
Not cool. I know I'll skip anything further that you post on here in future now.
what i'm wondering is why you're posting this here on WE MAKE ZINES. this doesn't have anything to do with zines!
ashlee swanson said:
what i'm wondering is why you're posting this here on WE MAKE ZINES. this doesn't have anything to do with zines!

I was wondering the same thing...but also thought I would not reply again to this post and just let it drop away. But now I've replied again...oh dear.
There is a more important issue to concern yourselves with. However, seeing as you have already appointed yourselves as judge and jury, I don't suppose that you would be willing to look at this article about the oncoming censorship which is about to fall around your ears and prevent you from having your right to free speech as you have demonstrated so magnificently here. If you dare to set your ego aside for a short while and look at Censorship is upon us, perhaps you will see the big picture and help to support something which is definitely going to affect how you all interact in the future. It is quite correct to assume that I have very little, if anything to do with Zines. My focus is based around a much bigger issue and all social networks then become my concern because I care about people and their liberty. Perhaps this is something that you are not prepared to accept from me seeing as you have already come to your conclusions and made your judgements.
I should ignore this... but i just can't. This is sick. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand (zines), and it is spreading hate. Disgusting.

p.s. Don't bother cutting and pasting what you are posting on everyone else's page who has responded to this post. I'll just delete it. I believe in free speech.. in that you have the right to post a shitty "joke" and i have the right to tell you that it's absolutely inappropriate and filled with hate.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service