We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

A bunch of people are putting their names down on the first trade which is now complete..ish.

So I guess we should start again.

Same for name as before:

Name:

Format: ''CD for CD'' ''Tape for Tape'' ''Tape/CD forTape/CD''

Also state if you think you will be unable to post a mixtape to someone in another country..if there isnt a note I could pair you with someone and that causes a problem.

I always think it's nice to take a picture of the finished article before you send to your mixbuddy. Maybe we can post them here?

I will be doing the pairing for this on January the 31st so get posting and pass it on so people wont miss out this time.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One more day! Excitement!

Hannah/Frothy, we decided it would be easier to do a one for one trade instead of multiples, but maybe you and I can do an extra trade together. Let's talk.

Frothy said:
Yay!
Hannah
4 tapes/CDs for 4 tapes/CDs

I can ship internationally if necessary.
d'oh.. you are all far too slow! i just got so excited because i thought it might have been done already, but i guess it's still yesterday for all of you out there in slowcoach land.. Can't wait!!
Hiya all,

Only just spotted this... spent this morning cutting and pasting stuff for the upcoming issue of my mix-tape zine, so it'd be daft for me to miss out on an oppurtunity like this! Ahem... anywho, here goes:

Name: Spurzine
Format: tape for tape
Postage: will send the tape ANYWHERE! (anyone here from Antarctica? That'd be cool... oh god... didn't even think before I typed... sigh)

If I'm not too late, I'm glad to get involved.

Not too sure whether I'll by sent someone's contacts, or whether I pick from a list... only skimmed through this long thread, really. Sorry.

Bye!

Ta-ra,
J
Spurzine said:
Hiya all,

Only just spotted this... spent this morning cutting and pasting stuff for the upcoming issue of my mix-tape zine, so it'd be daft for me to miss out on an oppurtunity like this! Ahem... anywho, here goes:

Name: Spurzine
Format: tape for tape
Postage: will send the tape ANYWHERE! (anyone here from Antarctica? That'd be cool... oh god... didn't even think before I typed... sigh)

If I'm not too late, I'm glad to get involved.

Not too sure whether I'll by sent someone's contacts, or whether I pick from a list... only skimmed through this long thread, really. Sorry.

Bye!

Ta-ra,
J

well, I live in Tasmania, which is close to antarctica.
Okay, mixed tape/CD exchange is officially closed! I'll try to post the pairings within the next day or so, and then individuals can get in touch with each other for addresses.

A couple of rules that will hopefully help to make this exchange smooth as a baby's bottom...
1. Get in touch with your exchange partner by May 10th to exchange addresses, musical preferences, etc.
2. Try to mail your tapes or CD's by May 31st, or at least be in communication with your exchange partner if life gets in the way and you find you can't make that deadline.
3. Let your partner know when you've received your mixtape/CD safely.
4. Don't be a flake! Uphold your commitment to deliver a kick-ass tape or CD to your partner.
5. Feel free to share your set lists on this thread after your exchange partner receives her/his booty, or should we create a new thread for that? Either way, sharing is nice.
6. Have fun and keep it funky.
You're in, Molly. I figured you thought it was over, but luckily you placed too much stock in the collective organizational abilities of humans.

molly tea said:
oh, right, sorry! i figured it had already ended. i am definitely up for it this time around.

Kelsey Smith said:
Molly, do you mean this time? The deadline is May 2... let me know if that's what you meant!

molly said:
totally up for it the next time it's going on

name: molly
format: cd for cd
i'm good with international buds.
Damn, I'm a day too late!

However, I know that I'm really interested in digital trades, too. I have a ton of playlists ready to set up in a .zip file...so if anyone else here missed this or is interested in digital ones, I'd be up for that. Just let me know and I'll populate a list of what I have (might take a while as I just transferred my entire life from one laptop to another, but I'll get it done as soon as possible).

Also, I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for the next trade!
Okay, I think I got this all worked out with the help of NeoOffice's spreadsheet software. The format is kind of last name, first name, or no last name, or your user name as a last name.

I tried to pair people up based on their stated preferences, but I had a hard time finding a second Canada buddy for Zacery and gave up after looking at about 25 profiles. If we've got another Canadian that wants to do a switcheroo, we can work that out in this thread. Also, Hannah, I paired you with two people since we were one match shy and you indicated that you were willing to do more than one trade. Hopefully that's okay. If you want to do a third trade, there's a girl named Becca who just posted while I was finishing up the pairings, so you two can work that out amongst yourselves. Rachel Radical- please report on your trade preferences when you get a chance.

Also, please let me know if I've forgotten anyone! I went through all of the names three times, but it's still highly possible I missed someone. If there are any other problems that I didn't anticipate, send me a message and I'll see what I can do. Thanks, all...now, go forth and make mix mayhem!

Songdahl, Emma (tape for tape)
Spurzine, J (tape for tape)

Frothy, Hannah (tape/cd for tape/cd)
Fastwolf, Corina (tape for tape)

Nova, Zacery (cd for cd)

Moxie, Paradox (tape/cd for tape/cd)
M., Brittany (cd for tape/cd)

ArchieNGU, Archie (cd for tape/cd)
LilloulouRIOT, Louise (cd for cd)

Domino, Jessica (cd for cd)
Arr!, Sarah (cd for cd)

Stephanos (cd for tape/cd)
Mongrel, Janelle (cd for cd)

McIntyre, Lee (tape/cd for tape/cd)
Simmons, Anna (cd for cd)

Smith, Kelsey (cd for cd)
Halliday, Ayun (cd for cd)

Andy (cd for cd)
Radical, Rachel (? for ?)

Amanda (tape/cd for tape/cd)
Lizzy (cd for cd)

Amandaaa (cd for cd)
Alex (cd for cd)

Thomas (cd for cd)
Rose, Rani (cd for cd)

Derrick (cd for cd)
Negro, Coco (cd for cd)

Tea, Molly (cd for cd)
MarmaladeWhale, Ed (cd for cd)

P.I., Megan (cd for cd)
Lynch, Chris (cd for cd)

Alice (cd for cd)
AnomaLily (cd for cd)
I'm more than willing to send another CD off to Canada, if you're willing to send to the US.

I like doing a combo of stuff I like mixed with cool local stuff the other person would probably otherwise never run across.

Zacery Nova said:
This is so exciting, I've never done anything like this before.

So, who wants to explain to me what happens now? Also, does the fact that it was hard finding somebody in Canada mean that I am not sending anything to someone or that someone isn't sending something to me? I'm confused!

As far as I know, using my computer I edit together some songs (but how many?) into a CD then mail it to someone I don't know? It's so enthralling!!!

Do you put together a CD of obscure songs you like that the other person might not know? Or just songs you like?

Thanks in advance to anybody, I'm relatively new to this.
Hi there Kelsey,

I can't seem to find my pairing...

...is there a mis-spelling in there? Really eager to send some mad tape awesome :)

Ta-ra
J

Kelsey Smith said:
Okay, I think I got this all worked out with the help of NeoOffice's spreadsheet software. The format is kind of last name, first name, or no last name, or your user name as a last name.

I tried to pair people up based on their stated preferences, but I had a hard time finding a second Canada buddy for Zacery and gave up after looking at about 25 profiles. If we've got another Canadian that wants to do a switcheroo, we can work that out in this thread. Also, Hannah, I paired you with two people since we were one match shy and you indicated that you were willing to do more than one trade. Hopefully that's okay. If you want to do a third trade, there's a girl named Becca who just posted while I was finishing up the pairings, so you two can work that out amongst yourselves. Rachel Radical- please report on your trade preferences when you get a chance.

Also, please let me know if I've forgotten anyone! I went through all of the names three times, but it's still highly possible I missed someone. If there are any other problems that I didn't anticipate, send me a message and I'll see what I can do. Thanks, all...now, go forth and make mix mayhem!

Spurzine, J (tape for tape)

Fastwolf, Corina (tape for tape)

Nova, Zacery (cd for cd)

Moxie, Paradox (tape/cd for tape/cd)
M., Brittany (cd for tape/cd)

ArchieNGU, Archie (cd for tape/cd)
LilloulouRIOT, Louise (cd for cd)

Domino, Jessica (cd for cd)
Arr!, Sarah (cd for cd)

Stephanos (cd for tape/cd)
Mongrel, Janelle (cd for cd)

McIntyre, Lee (tape/cd for tape/cd)
Simmons, Anna (cd for cd)

Smith, Kelsey (cd for cd)
Halliday, Ayun (cd for cd)

Andy (cd for cd)
Radical, Rachel (? for ?)

Amanda (tape/cd for tape/cd)
Lizzy (cd for cd)

Amandaaa (cd for cd)
Alex (cd for cd)

Thomas (cd for cd)
Rose, Rani (cd for cd)

Derrick (cd for cd)
Negro, Coco (cd for cd)

Tea, Molly (cd for cd)
MarmaladeWhale, Ed (cd for cd)

P.I., Megan (cd for cd)
Lynch, Chris (cd for cd)

Alice (cd for cd)
AnomaLily (cd for cd)
emma songdahl is me.
Zacery, it just means that right now you are trading with someone from the U.S. You had requested to trade with someone in Canada to save on shipping, but I couldn't find another Canadian, so I paired you with a U.S. participant. Does that make sense?

I'd suggest you email your partner Hannah and ask her what she's into or if she just wants you to surprise her.

Zacery Nova said:
This is so exciting, I've never done anything like this before.

So, who wants to explain to me what happens now? Also, does the fact that it was hard finding somebody in Canada mean that I am not sending anything to someone or that someone isn't sending something to me? I'm confused!

As far as I know, using my computer I edit together some songs (but how many?) into a CD then mail it to someone I don't know? It's so enthralling!!!

Do you put together a CD of obscure songs you like that the other person might not know? Or just songs you like?

Thanks in advance to anybody, I'm relatively new to this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service