We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

A bunch of people are putting their names down on the first trade which is now complete..ish.

So I guess we should start again.

Same for name as before:

Name:

Format: ''CD for CD'' ''Tape for Tape'' ''Tape/CD forTape/CD''

Also state if you think you will be unable to post a mixtape to someone in another country..if there isnt a note I could pair you with someone and that causes a problem.

I always think it's nice to take a picture of the finished article before you send to your mixbuddy. Maybe we can post them here?

I will be doing the pairing for this on January the 31st so get posting and pass it on so people wont miss out this time.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Name's Louise
1 cd for 1 cd
Australia or elsewhere

like folk punk, rockabilly, swing n rock n roll.. but dig all sorts of other stuff too :)
You wont be stepping on anyone's toes if you keep the system exactly the same. id be relieved to finally have a closing date. and I assume that after we're partnered up, then i can hint about what kind of thing i want.
I'm down for this! Cd for CD, prefer to trade within the US, because I'm going to go broke paying for traffic tickets.

Big fan of pop punk, folk, hip hop, some dance/trance. But pretty eclectic and open to new music overall.
Aaight, one CD or tape for one CD or tape, and we'll leave the deadline at May 2nd. Excitement!
ooo, i want to join in.

amanda.
cd for cd
i'll mail to anywhere (though, i'm in usa)

i like electrorock and synthy/keyboard stuff. some punk rock and a lot of female fronted bands and... yea. new music's always cool.
Awesome idea!

Rani Rose

CD for CD

I'll post anywhere!
Awesome, we're up to 29 participants so far, and we'll be leaving this open until next Saturday, May 2nd. I've started a spreadsheet with people's names (or what I've got for names), swapping and shipping preferences, and any stated types of music. I'll keep updating it as the week progresses. After that, you can all email me your addresses or send me a message on here, and I'll pair everyone up and send you your swap partner. I'll try to get the pairings out by May 6th, barring any complications.

Not sure how I should handle people that don't respond right away- does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with that? How long should we wait for folks? Also, if you signed up earlier but can't do this now, let me know. I'm imagining some of our lives have changed somewhat since January...
Perhaps iots better to pair people up and let them contact each other for addresses? I envisage a thread for poepel to post tehir mixcd listings so additional swaps could also ensue.

I'm looking forward to some new music to revise to:)

Kelsey Smith said:
Awesome, we're up to 29 participants so far, and we'll be leaving this open until next Saturday, May 2nd. I've started a spreadsheet with people's names (or what I've got for names), swapping and shipping preferences, and any stated types of music. I'll keep updating it as the week progresses. After that, you can all email me your addresses or send me a message on here, and I'll pair everyone up and send you your swap partner. I'll try to get the pairings out by May 6th, barring any complications.

Not sure how I should handle people that don't respond right away- does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with that? How long should we wait for folks? Also, if you signed up earlier but can't do this now, let me know. I'm imagining some of our lives have changed somewhat since January...
Molly, do you mean this time? The deadline is May 2... let me know if that's what you meant!

molly said:
totally up for it the next time it's going on

name: molly
format: cd for cd
i'm good with international buds.
Two more days to sign up! What does everyone else think of Stephanos' suggestion? I've never done this before, so I will bow to those with more experience. My main concern is making sure everyone gets paired with someone who will follow through on actually sending the music.

Stephanos' suggestion: Perhaps it's better to pair people up and let them contact each other for addresses? I envisage a thread for people to post their mixcd listings so additional swaps could also ensue.
Even with the best of intentions some people will never get round to making their CDs. We just have to play it by ear and if there's people left with CDs and noone to send them to then they can swap with each other. Usually the arirval of a mix C will spur somoene who hasn't yet made one into action!

Kelsey Smith said:
Two more days to sign up! What does everyone else think of Stephanos' suggestion? I've never done this before, so I will bow to those with more experience. My main concern is making sure everyone gets paired with someone who will follow through on actually sending the music.

Stephanos' suggestion: Perhaps it's better to pair people up and let them contact each other for addresses? I envisage a thread for people to post their mixcd listings so additional swaps could also ensue.
Yay!

Hannah

4 tapes/CDs for 4 tapes/CDs

I can ship internationally if necessary.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service