We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Would love to hear from all of you zinesters about the songs you love to listen to whenever your writing pieces for your zines :) and the songs that fuel you profoundly when writing.Get compiling...

Tags: ''zine, mixtape, music, playlists'', text, writing, zines

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It depends on what I'm writing really. Lately I've been listening a lot to this 4 CD set of punk music from the 80's, but a lot the time I listen to Explosions in the Sky or Mountain Goats. The song that I probably listen to most is Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky. It's just a beautiful instrumental piece.

You know, I used to always listen to music while making things.. Now I seem to choose to work in quiet.

I read an interview with one of the animators of the original Disney Snow White and they asked him what his artist setup was.. He said he just makes sure his space is nice and clean and tidy, and there's no outside distractions like music and such.  I later saw a video of a Marvel comic artist and he pretty much said the same thing, he doesn't listen to music because he works better in silence when his attention is fully focused on the task at hand.

I decided to give it a shot and I've been doing it in quiet ever since.  I find that I'm not sitting there singing along to the words or getting up to flip records over, or hearing a song that reminds me of something else I should listen to so I go look for it  and blah blah blah..  Does that make sense?

Anyway, when I would listen to music while making zines it was pretty much the Clash non stop!

The Copy Scams' cassette on repeat forever.

i still need to buy that i heard a few tracks a while ago and i loved it,it was so sweet,but as usual the intent on purchasing tape fell under the have-to-do-or-else list and here i am:tapeless. I really hope its not sold out.
Harley R. Pageot said:

I love writing when listening to Tori Amos' album "The Beekeeper" - it's a long, rambling album about gnostic gospels, the balance between masculine and feminine forces, and attaining wholeness.  My particular favourite songs from the album during the creative process are "Cars and Guitars", "Ireland", and "Martha's foolish Ginger".  

ramones-ramones/tlc/the rezillo's/the geto boys/op ivy/beastie boys to the five borroughs/x ray spex-germ free adolescents/brian eno-here come the warm jets/minor threat-out of step/run dmc-run dmc

can't go wrong with ramones, rezillos (or revillos too)!

bobby madness said:

ramones-ramones/tlc/the rezillo's/the geto boys/op ivy/beastie boys to the five borroughs/x ray spex-germ free adolescents/brian eno-here come the warm jets/minor threat-out of step/run dmc-run dmc
Explosions in the sky are absolutely fantastic,still haven't checked out Mountain Goats though.

Becky the Evil Flower said:
It depends on what I'm writing really. Lately I've been listening a lot to this 4 CD set of punk music from the 80's, but a lot the time I listen to Explosions in the Sky or Mountain Goats. The song that I probably listen to most is Your Hand in Mine by Explosions in the Sky. It's just a beautiful instrumental piece.

Both awesome!

Lately I've also been enjoying Morcheeba, Hooverphonic, Massive Attack, and Cocorosie.  And Brightblack Morning Light will always hold a special place in my heart, both my penname and perzine title are from their songs.  <3

Aaron Denzel Akeredolu said:

Explosions in the sky are absolutely fantastic,still haven't checked out Mountain Goats though.

Becky the Evil Flower said:

REALPUNKRADIO.COM

I feel like am 16 again and it's like throwing gas into my zine-makin belly fire.

nuf said....

>:D

Blood - The Middle East

Under Pressure - Queen

Oh My God - Ida Maria

Belief - Gavin Degraw

Gentleman's Pact - Conor Oberst

Where You Go - Elden Calder

Where Is My Mind - Maxence Cyrin

Icarus - White Hinderland

Light Up The Sky - Yellowcard

My "For Inspiration" folder on itunes.

awm thanks! We re-recorded everything in the UK in the autumn and hope it put it all out this year. In the mean time, here's all the songs from the tape plus a demo of one of the new songs: COPY AND DESTROY! on soundcloud so you can listen to our crackly an...!

Harley R. Pageot said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service