We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

And I've been aware of the attacks on creativity for many years. For example, a number of people have told me that all ideas have been used up and therefore no new ideas exist. Of course that sort of statment often comes from people who assume that their limited understanding of things applies to everyone. And then there's the rapid rejection of anything new or uncommon. When I proposed a wild and radical idea, the response I often get is "It won't work, so don't bother." But even if it doesn't work, that doesn't mean you can't get it to work eventually (unless it really can't work.)

Image if inventors were discoraged from inventing because so many people kept telling them that new inventions have no use in "society." Of coure in this age of spectacular mediocrity, you are expected to never create and never imagine because your job in life is to be boring, bland and "normal." Yet these same folks who attack creativity and innovation neglect to realize that the iPods they love so much were created by people who used creativity and innovation. (Not that iPods are the most creative of inventions, but I had to use some kind of example.)

If you enjoy being boring, bland and "normal", that's your right. But that doesn't mean you should force it on those of use who don't want to be boring, bland and "normal." But apparently the war against creativity means you have to force people to be boring, bland and "normal." If so, I will reject that malarkey now and reject it later! You can't change the world if you keep doing the same things over and over.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

right, holden...
a
Yul-Rant
and oh
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
boring. Bathos...not pathos!
Yul and SAMENESS are identical twins!
tim

Holden W. Attradies said:
I'm not sure how this is a forum toopic and not a monolog/solo rant better placed in your home page?
So and so said "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

so and so i want to tell you, yada yada yada.

oh and on creativity, yeah that shit can be frustrating. go with it, once upon a time EVERYTHING WAS NEW TO EVERYONE. tell those people to think babies. blah

ps so and so why be so concerned with where frustration is placed...forum blog etc., it doesn't cost you a dime you sound bored.....what did some one somewhere once say......oh yeah bored minds create drama.....see plenty of that online these days. :) lots of lovin smiley mischief making faces.....
-another nobody
ain't no drama in this stuff!!!

pedestrian-city!!!

tim

Holden W. Attradies said:
I wasn't trying cause drama, I was just wondering how this was a topic starter? It didn't really seem like it was trying to be a dialog. I was actually looking for Yul to respond to me....

jeffrey bennington grindley said:
So and so said "blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

so and so i want to tell you, yada yada yada.

oh and on creativity, yeah that shit can be frustrating. go with it, once upon a time EVERYTHING WAS NEW TO EVERYONE. tell those people to think babies. blah

ps so and so why be so concerned with where frustration is placed...forum blog etc., it doesn't cost you a dime you sound bored.....what did some one somewhere once say......oh yeah bored minds create drama.....see plenty of that online these days. :) lots of lovin smiley mischief making faces.....
-another nobody
okay. drama free. words on a page can be ambiguos. a lil wine gets me feelin uppity. my sarcasm gets the best o me from time to time. bless up.-jeffrey
Huh? This post makes no sense. Lay off the cough syrup, bub.
The war against creativity is completely relevant to the issue of zinedom since zines are considered a form of creativity. But as I see it, zines have become a casualty in the war against creativity since they are far less creative than they used to be. Yes, I know very well that people will disagree with me on that. But the fact reamins that we live in a world without consensus. You can't get everybody to agree with you on everything.
including yr gibberish here...

Yul Tolbert said:
The war against creativity is completely relevant to the issue of zinedom since zines are considered a form of creativity. But as I see it, zines have become a casualty in the war against creativity since they are far less creative than they used to be. Yes, I know very well that people will disagree with me on that. But the fact reamins that we live in a world without consensus. You can't get everybody to agree with you on everything.
There is a "war on creativity" now? I can't wait until someday when we lose these Bush-isms. I also tire of all-or-nothing-isms. And tired over-generalizations. This "age of spectacular mediocrity?" There are so many amazing people doing so many brilliant, diligent, compassionate things in this world, but they get so readily dismissed by certain people who love to bemoan what isn't instead of what is.

If you want to create, invent, express...do it. Don't waste your time posting threads about it. Just do it.
yup...YR right reggie...

both aristotle and chaucer said....art is long, life short.
if ya
don'
push...it's
over afore ya
gets there.................OR as i said in my wonderful poem

REIGN

Put the cart before the horse.
Free the horse,
Leave the cart
(Carry your own baggage).

or this wonderful poem of mine...

Myriad of Heavens #43

A word says what it can
In the way that an inch
Says it is on a path
To the sun.

tim..., oh, reggie...snail addy yet??

Reggie Mental said:
If society can kill your art...and I mean the creative impulse, not Nazis destroying paintings and sculptures...well, your art probably doesn't deserve to survive. People with much less have done much more with almost nothing.

I think someone told Yul his art sucks. And he's feeling sensitive. Well, quit. Or don't. These are questions you have to answer for yourself, friend.
"f you want to create, invent, express...do it. Don't waste your time posting threads about it. Just do it."

I've probably been creating since before you were born. And I'm creating as we speak. The problem is that in today's modern dystopia, many people don't care about creativity. I'm NOT the most creative person on Earth. There are people far, far more creative than I am. Yet most of them are being ignored despite (more likely because of) their creativity.

Needless to say, few people here will agree with me on that an other things. Like I said before, agreeing with me is not required. But the non-creative tendencies expressed in this forum do not inspire me. Therefore, I think I'll go find a place on the Internet where they do appreciate creativity. We Make Zines is booooooring!!
There's also the chance that my view on the war against creativity may be proven correct. If that happens, I will say I told you so. I'm always saying I told you so.
Plus We Make Zines is almost as evil as MySpace!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service