We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Post projects that you are eager to start and/or finish. Or even just ideas that you had been toying around with for a while but just haven't gotten the time to do yet. I guess this is a way to motivate ourseves to keep at it and get it done. haha

You can also post calls for submission if you'd like. :)

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've started doing some writing that might become a new issue of my perzine & I'm kicking around the idea of doing a "how-to" zine about embroidering. (I've been learning how to embroider & am still not very good, so maybe I'm not quite qualified to do this sort of project yet, but I've really been enjoying embroidery & think it would be a fun zine to make.)
Great forum topic!

I'd like to eventually finish a first zine, which right now is a collection of flash fiction pieces on a the theme of anger and its manifestations, called Little Angry Monsters. Maybe with pictures?

Another goal is to get my camera back from my friend, figure out how to use that shit, and build a dark room so I can have total control. I'm scared of digital.

Another goal unrelated to zines: Puppets. I want to learn how to built puppets. I'm fascinated by them. Maybe in the future I will make a zine entirely written by puppets, focusing on issues that puppets have to face every day, like discrimination against marionettes, or what it feels like to have a cold hand shoved up your skirt for the very first time.
that's awesome! that's what ALPOLG was about XD got kinda difficult to decide which details to include and which not to though.

Amy said:
I'm working on a zine of letters to people that can't read them. It's basically a collection of things that I wished I'd said- to friends I Haven't seen in years, dead people, and a couple innanimate objects.
I am just about to release my very first zine! It's on the failings of the current US school system. Um... how do you release a zine?
Make a bunch of copies and sell them/give them away to everyone you know and everyone you dont know! Submit it to zine distros!

Jechoniah said:
I am just about to release my very first zine! It's on the failings of the current US school system. Um... how do you release a zine?
and dont forget to post it on the new zine announcement thread! :D and it might be worth a shot to submit it for reviews :)

Jillian McGrath said:
Make a bunch of copies and sell them/give them away to everyone you know and everyone you dont know! Submit it to zine distros!

Jechoniah said:
tonight i started laying out my next zine, All Things Ordinary #2. here's a sneak peek:

you can read more about it on my blog: http://allthingsordinary.wordpress.com/2010/01/17/zine-in-progress-...

another new project: a website for my zines, drawings and other projects :)
check: http://salingpusa.com/

it's not yet done though :D

is it going to really have a distro? haven't really decided yet. but IF it does, it's probably going to be very different.
I'm working on my first zine. It took me a little while to come up with a name I liked. I finally decided on Phaugey Dox. I was cutting letters out to spell it Foggy Docks, but decided to spell it the way it sounded instead. That was all it took to get me going. It's been fun. It's 14 pages long, and I'm just over half way done.
It's spawned all kinds of ideas for more. I'm trying to be disciplined enough to finish the first one before I do anymore.
well, I've found one on etsy, so I know it can be done... I feel less original now, though. maybe I'll stick with the vodka theme and make the zines while I'm drunk, or about being drunk, or... cocktail recipes. or all three.

question: would anyone even buy a $9 (what this person charged, including shipping) bottle/zine thing? any of you?

star blanket river child said:
I have a lot of empty vodka bottles from the days I was underage and couldn't recycle them in my parent's house. for some reason, I've just never let go of them. But I'm running out of space, so I've been trying to come up with a creative use, and recently I've come up with "zine in a bottle." it's just an inkling right now, especially since I don't know how easy they'd be to ship, or if shipping glass is even allowed. But I like the idea of it.
id buy it if i like the content... but not really because of the fact its in a bottle, if that makes any sense. Like I've paid for more than bucks for certain art/artzines before, but because it was done awesomely :) it's the whole package... :)

well, I've found one on etsy, so I know it can be done... I feel less original now, though. maybe I'll stick with the vodka theme and make the zines while I'm drunk, or about being drunk, or... cocktail recipes. or all three.

question: would anyone even buy a $9 (what this person charged, including shipping) bottle/zine thing? any of you?

I have a lot of empty vodka bottles from the days I was underage and couldn't recycle them in my parent's house. for some reason, I've just never let go of them. But I'm running out of space, so I've been trying to come up with a creative use, and recently I've come up with "zine in a bottle." it's just an inkling right now, especially since I don't know how easy they'd be to ship, or if shipping glass is even allowed. But I like the idea of it.
Yeh, I'd buy it if the zine was good. I paid US$15 for Arabesque, and it's just an ordinary zine made thicker and with fancier paper.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service