We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Post projects that you are eager to start and/or finish. Or even just ideas that you had been toying around with for a while but just haven't gotten the time to do yet. I guess this is a way to motivate ourseves to keep at it and get it done. haha

You can also post calls for submission if you'd like. :)

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recently overhauled my wordpress blogs, making one into a zine/art blog. Right now I have one of my older zines on there and my current zine, but I want to use it for a new per-zine that I'm working on now.

Apocalypsegrrl. wordpress.com
I'm currently working on the first zine I hope to see the light of day. It's a perzine about my time in an emotionally abusive foster home and how I moved on, paralleled with my issues with moving along since a sexual assault at the hands of a ex boyfriend. I've written a lot for it, but I guess I'm a perfectionist and get a tad obsessive on the revising. Since I'm home sick for the next couple of days, I'm hoping to make some progress.
Yay, my kind of thread. I'm progressing nicely on my first zine "iPiphaneia" and toying with writing "The making of iPiphaneia" because it has been a real doozy and I can't possibly be the only one who grossly underestimated the work it entails to get a zine out ofyour head and onto paper-especially if you're an impatient, neurotic, perfectionist! *Deep breath* So, that's what I'm working on.
i just thought about something. Zombie fashion vs. Fashion zombies.

idk why or how my friend and i ended up having this serious discussion about zombies... then we branched out into fashion. i asked how come zombies attack in groups whne they supposedlt have no sense of community--they're basically braindead, right? he says that zombies operate the way fashion does. there is no real conscious thought put into it, but trends happen and soon enough everyone else follows.

anyone want to collaborate on something like this? the zine can be about what to wear in case there is a zmobie "virus" outbreak or attack. and discuss (or diss) fashion. XD
you could highlight the zombie walk crowds and rate their fashion XD

Saling Pusa (I Am) said:

idk why or how my friend and i ended up having this serious discussion about zombies... then we branched out into fashion. i asked how come zombies attack in groups whne they supposedlt have no sense of community--they're basically braindead, right? he says that zombies operate the way fashion does. there is no real conscious thought put into it, but trends happen and soon enough everyone else follows.

anyone want to collaborate on something like this? the zine can be about what to wear in case there is a zmobie "virus" outbreak or attack. and discuss (or diss) fashion. XD
Saling Pusa (I Am) said:

I'm working on a zombie contingency plan compzine called Grr! Argh! and I'd love to include an article on fashion, especially if it involves useful gear, sensible apparel for the zombie apocalypse, and/or analysis of fashion choices in various zombie-related forms of media.
Right now...I'm working off and on on a perzine series ...my first cuz I'm usually all about oneshots called: "I Once Dreamt I Was Invincible"....it's mostly about self-injury *shrug* I'm trying to b really honest this year...
i just finished my 8th zine.
all my zines are up for download here: eyetriangle.blogspot.com
you can print them yourself, look at them on the web, or email me if you want a copy.
I just launched a review blog called Reclusive Reviews and have my first review up of the first episode of the Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast.

I'm planning on doing 2-3 reviews per week depending on how many submissions I get. If you have anything you would like reviewed, send it my way!
working on new issue of Sprak! (b-grade movies and punk culture) because a year 'tween issues is far too long! :D
also plan to knock out a zine called Metal Muscle full o' metal reviews and stuff...
should really get around to doing a new issue of funhouse since its been maybe 5 years or more since last one!! thinking of covering outsider musicians, freaks and failures from past...

also want to get an anthology together of poets and writers... but i'm very selective about who i want so that might take awhile...

and somewhere along the way another collage zine... but then again i might just stick to drinking too much coffee and watching bad movies... who knows??
a vampire litzine :) im working on the 1st chapter right now, which is proving itself to be quite a task. i dont want it to end up like those tween "young adult" vampire novels and i want to try to stick to the legends and histories as much as i can.

im also looking for a few people to review the 1st chapter :) thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service