We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Post projects that you are eager to start and/or finish. Or even just ideas that you had been toying around with for a while but just haven't gotten the time to do yet. I guess this is a way to motivate ourseves to keep at it and get it done. haha

You can also post calls for submission if you'd like. :)

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm really making progress on my new zine. It's still untitled, but I can't wait to work on the layout and finish it!

Next, I'll finish my disability/relationship zine.
mine is : Saling-Pusa

It's a new perzine I've been working on the past week. I was so excited about it, then suddenly i dont know what i am willing to write about. haha.

I'm also looking for submissions. Any piece about self discoveries would be cool!
that is SO cute.

I Am said:

It's a new perzine I've been working on the past week. I was so excited about it, then suddenly i dont know what i am willing to write about. haha.

I'm also looking for submissions. Any piece about self discoveries would be cool!
I Am said:

ha! i'm totally in the same predicament.
I have a lot of empty vodka bottles from the days I was underage and couldn't recycle them in my parent's house. for some reason, I've just never let go of them. But I'm running out of space, so I've been trying to come up with a creative use, and recently I've come up with "zine in a bottle." it's just an inkling right now, especially since I don't know how easy they'd be to ship, or if shipping glass is even allowed. But I like the idea of it.
I'm just plugging away at the distro. This weekend I'm going to scan all the covers. It's coming along nicely!
Can't wait to see it! :)

False Start Distro said:
I'm just plugging away at the distro. This weekend I'm going to scan all the covers. It's coming along nicely!
Here's mine- and my (self-imposed) deadlines. I always try to produce something new to take to every zine event.

Write the press release thingy for the promo pack for the Brighton Zinefest to send out to magazines and newspapers we like, and tart up the website a little- This week some time

Issue 10 of Fanzine Ynfytyn- about my trip to Ireland with a 10 piece bluegrass band last september- 80% done- 22nd Jan for when my boyfriend comes to Brighton, so I can give him loads of copies to give to the other friends who were on the trip

Roman Emperors, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly- does what it says on the tin, there's also going to be matching badges. I've done 70% of the text, so it's mostly pictures left to do. For the 6th of Feb, because I've got a stall at Handmade Brighton, and I think it would go down well there

Being Editors, my children's lit/film essay zine that's taking fucking forever. I've got two issues on the go, one on Oliver Postgate, the other on Diana Wynne Jones. I've got to review the new DWJ book when I get it next week, listen to Oliver Postgate's autobio audiobook (I love his voice) and finish writing some essays. I want to get at least one done for the Alt Press Fair on the 13th of Feb.

Issue 11/12 of Fanzine Ynfytyn- I've got various pages of stuff I've done over the last few months floating about, I need to let them coagulate into issues. I've always got a box of assorted pages on the go.

Split zine w/ Tukru about Medway- I'm from there, she lives there. We'll get it done when it's done. No need to rush these things. Maybe figure out how we actually feel about the place first.

Oulipo zine- a mini zine with word games I played from my Oulipo compendium. The Oulipo group were a load of french writers who invented lots of different surrealist word games and writing exercises where you were given rules and limitations for a text which suddenly make the writing strange and new. Done when I bother to change my typewriter ribbon.
1.Finish Honey Flow Distro website
2.Providence Guerilla Zine Distro...find a place to make free copies and distribute zines all over the city! Donating queer zines to GSA's and GLBT drop-in centers, abortion story zines to womens clinics, leaving food zines at grocery stores, etc.
3.Finish "House Sweet House" and "Love Yr Guts"
4.Convince friend in Kentucky to send his portion of "From Here to There"
5.Get ribbon for typewriter
Love this idea! I would imagine you're allowed to ship glass as long as its well packaged and padded?

star blanket river child said:
I have a lot of empty vodka bottles from the days I was underage and couldn't recycle them in my parent's house. for some reason, I've just never let go of them. But I'm running out of space, so I've been trying to come up with a creative use, and recently I've come up with "zine in a bottle." it's just an inkling right now, especially since I don't know how easy they'd be to ship, or if shipping glass is even allowed. But I like the idea of it.
I'm pretty sure that you can do this as long as it doesn't have any liquid in it... but it might cost a little more to ship.

Jillian McGrath said:
Love this idea! I would imagine you're allowed to ship glass as long as its well packaged and padded?

star blanket river child said:
I'm working on a zine of letters to people that can't read them. It's basically a collection of things that I wished I'd said- to friends I Haven't seen in years, dead people, and a couple innanimate objects.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service