We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

The first Tampa Bay Zine Fest is this Sat. 9/18!

The very first Tampa Bay Zine fest is this Sat. 9/18 at The Globe Coffee Lounge at 7pm!

We're still looking for any Florida zinesters that would be interested in participating.  If you're in the WMZ universe and live in Florida feel free to check out our group "Sunshine State Zinesters".  Us Florida zinesters are relatively few and widely dispersed, so we're pretty excited that we finally have this thing organized.  But the more that would like to have fun with us, the better.

We realize this first one may be small, but hopefully we can get it cool enough to do it regularly.  So...

If you're going to be in the Tampa Bay area around 9/18...
If you know of any Florida zinesters that may be interested...
If you'd like to help out from afar...
If you'd just like some more info...

please feel free to email me (Danny O.) at tampabayzinefest@hotmail.com.  

(sorry for the crazy big picture: I couldn't figure out how to make it smaller)

Tags: bay, fest, florida, tampa, zine, zinefest

Views: 135

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wish i could drive up for this.
I know it's a serious drive. If I did better planning (which I'll do next year) I could've tabled some of your stuff for you. There's always next year. Also, I was thinking about maybe doing it again next year but maybe in another city in FL.
Wish I could be there, but it's waaaay too far. If I was rich, I'd be there for sure, though. :P Have a great time! I love the poster, by the way. :)
Thank you!

...and wish you could make it too. I'm really nervous: I've never been to a zine fest, much less organized one! I could use the help of senior zinester.

star blanket river child said:
Wish I could be there, but it's waaaay too far. If I was rich, I'd be there for sure, though. :P Have a great time! I love the poster, by the way. :)
Aww, I'm sure it'll go really well. Things kept going wrong for my first zine fest and I was so nervous but in the end it was such a wonderful experience. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Danny Olda said:
Thank you!

...and wish you could make it too. I'm really nervous: I've never been to a zine fest, much less organized one! I could use the help of senior zinester.

star blanket river child said:

We need another Florida zine fest!  Fort Myers maybe?  I live in Naples but realize Fort Myers has more appropriate venues, like Cool Hand Luc's. If people seem interested, I may undertake this project...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service