We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hello all -

I have taken it upon myself to host the second We Make Zines discussion. This will occur on Sunday February 8th at 3:00 PM EST. It will last an hour.. or longer if the discussion is good!

The Topic will be: TECHNIQUES.

This will be all about both writing and actual putting together of your zine techniques. Bring along some skills to share!

Some things to think about:

How do you write? (free from, in a journal... then flush out the bad later... etc?)
Where do you write? (Home, In a cafe? why?)

What supplies do you use?
Where do you put together your zines?

Etc...

Hope to see you there!

Tags: chat, discussion, techniques, zines

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome! See you there.
Thanks for doing this! Great idea to have a focus.

Krissy
Just a little bump here so people see that this is going on this weekend! :)
my bad maths says this is 8pm gmt, will try and make it
right on, nicole!
see you then.
rhagfyr said:
my bad maths says this is 8pm gmt, will try and make it

Yes... i am pretty sure you are correct that is 8 PM GMT! :)
This is happening in about 20 minutes! :)
Chat is on RIGHT NOW!!
The discussion was a SMASH hit! THREE HOURS of chatting! It was great! Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was really a great time.

It is really nice to be able to discuss freely zine-things that you can't always talk about in your every day life!
For those who weren't there, we decided that:

- Glue sticks are officially better than rubber cement. This is now going to be carved into the Great Zining Law Stone for posterity.

- July definitely IS International Zine Month (IZM) and everyone should do something as part of it. Nicole's going to do a compzine about zine firsts for free distribution and hopefully widespread copying.

- Then we started on the beers.
This should surely be a weekly event. I'll try and be here same time this evening (3pm EST = 8pm GMT)

Anyone else?
Wes White said:
- Glue sticks are officially better than rubber cement. This is now going to be carved into the Great Zining Law Stone for posterity.

Has anyone else tried the 2-way glue they make for scrapbooking? If you apply it and let it dry before you attach the pieces, it's like a post-in note. If you attach the pieces wet, it's permanent. Genius for people who are indecisive about where to put things!!!

I will try to be here this afternoon for a chat but I have a photo shoot scheduled for my next issue of ReStyle, so I likely won't make it. :(

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2015   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service