We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Sunday February 8th.. We Make Zines Discussion

Hello all -

I have taken it upon myself to host the second We Make Zines discussion. This will occur on Sunday February 8th at 3:00 PM EST. It will last an hour.. or longer if the discussion is good!

The Topic will be: TECHNIQUES.

This will be all about both writing and actual putting together of your zine techniques. Bring along some skills to share!

Some things to think about:

How do you write? (free from, in a journal... then flush out the bad later... etc?)
Where do you write? (Home, In a cafe? why?)

What supplies do you use?
Where do you put together your zines?

Etc...

Hope to see you there!

Tags: chat, discussion, techniques, zines

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome! See you there.
Thanks for doing this! Great idea to have a focus.

Krissy
Just a little bump here so people see that this is going on this weekend! :)
my bad maths says this is 8pm gmt, will try and make it
right on, nicole!
see you then.
rhagfyr said:
my bad maths says this is 8pm gmt, will try and make it

Yes... i am pretty sure you are correct that is 8 PM GMT! :)
This is happening in about 20 minutes! :)
Chat is on RIGHT NOW!!
The discussion was a SMASH hit! THREE HOURS of chatting! It was great! Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was really a great time.

It is really nice to be able to discuss freely zine-things that you can't always talk about in your every day life!
For those who weren't there, we decided that:

- Glue sticks are officially better than rubber cement. This is now going to be carved into the Great Zining Law Stone for posterity.

- July definitely IS International Zine Month (IZM) and everyone should do something as part of it. Nicole's going to do a compzine about zine firsts for free distribution and hopefully widespread copying.

- Then we started on the beers.
This should surely be a weekly event. I'll try and be here same time this evening (3pm EST = 8pm GMT)

Anyone else?
Wes White said:
- Glue sticks are officially better than rubber cement. This is now going to be carved into the Great Zining Law Stone for posterity.

Has anyone else tried the 2-way glue they make for scrapbooking? If you apply it and let it dry before you attach the pieces, it's like a post-in note. If you attach the pieces wet, it's permanent. Genius for people who are indecisive about where to put things!!!

I will try to be here this afternoon for a chat but I have a photo shoot scheduled for my next issue of ReStyle, so I likely won't make it. :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service