We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Submissions wanted for a zine about women and tattoos!

Hello!

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, I've been looking forever for a zine about tattoos but could never find one, so thought I'd just make it myself.

So me and my friend Lydia are going to attempt to put together a zine about being a woman and having/loving/collecting tattoos! I've always felt slightly out of place in tattoo shops, found I get more comments about them than my tattooed male friends, but they also make me feel more confident and have helped me reclaim/accept my body more.

So we'd love to hear from tattooed ladies who've had similar experiences (or completely different ones). Send us anything about being a woman with tattoos!

You can email us at illustratedwomenzine@googlemail.com or if you want to send us a page message me for my address :)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Laura xx

EDIT: Just wanted to add a deadline (thought it would be best to get my arse in gear). I'd really like to get it done for the London Zine Symposium (29th May) so if you could get something to me by May 1st(ish) that give us time to put it all together.

Also, we'll be sending you a free copy of the zine :)

Also: it's going to be half size and we more than welcome pictures or drawing of your tattoos/designs!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can I submit?
I'm too young to get a tattoo (plus my mum would kill me) but I'd like to submit something about my ideal tattoos and what they'd symbolise.
of course! we want to hear from anyone who likes tattoos, even if you're too young to get one!

Race said:
Can I submit?
I'm too young to get a tattoo (plus my mum would kill me) but I'd like to submit something about my ideal tattoos and what they'd symbolise.
Hey Laura.
I sent mine, hope you like it :D
Best of luck and success with your zine
excellent! i look forward to receiving it :)

Race said:
Hey Laura.
I sent mine, hope you like it :D
Best of luck and success with your zine
hey! i just got it the other day, thank you do much! i really enjoyed reading it :) you're zine is beautiful!

Louise said:
I sent you my piece with a copy of my zine too! Let me know if you've got it :D
if you ever make a second one of these, i'd love to contribute something!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service