We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Submissions wanted for a zine about women and tattoos!

Hello!

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, I've been looking forever for a zine about tattoos but could never find one, so thought I'd just make it myself.

So me and my friend Lydia are going to attempt to put together a zine about being a woman and having/loving/collecting tattoos! I've always felt slightly out of place in tattoo shops, found I get more comments about them than my tattooed male friends, but they also make me feel more confident and have helped me reclaim/accept my body more.

So we'd love to hear from tattooed ladies who've had similar experiences (or completely different ones). Send us anything about being a woman with tattoos!

You can email us at illustratedwomenzine@googlemail.com or if you want to send us a page message me for my address :)

Hope to hear from you soon,

Laura xx

EDIT: Just wanted to add a deadline (thought it would be best to get my arse in gear). I'd really like to get it done for the London Zine Symposium (29th May) so if you could get something to me by May 1st(ish) that give us time to put it all together.

Also, we'll be sending you a free copy of the zine :)

Also: it's going to be half size and we more than welcome pictures or drawing of your tattoos/designs!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would you like a piece on debating over a tatt? For years I've been told to not get a tatt, and didn't want one, then this year I've vowed to get one before I'm 20. If you're interested in a piece along this vein please let me know :)
sounds good to me :) i really want to read other people's thought processes about getting a tattoo!

Pretty Bow Tie said:
Would you like a piece on debating over a tatt? For years I've been told to not get a tatt, and didn't want one, then this year I've vowed to get one before I'm 20. If you're interested in a piece along this vein please let me know :)
Half size is A5 right? (Just checking as I'm new-ish to zines, sorry if it's a ridiculous question).

Also, would it be okay to mention my zine on my page/s? Just the name and maybe my email address/address to my page on here.

Laura said:
probably should add this to the main post too, it's going to be half size so there's plenty of room for pictures :)

Amber / Culture Slut said:
Wonderful. One more question: Is the format half-size? Quarter-size?

Laura Wilson said:
excellent! I have quite a few pieces in mind too, so if you fancy writing more than one we'd be happy to include them all, the more the better really :)

Awesome! I'll message you when it's ready. (I actually have two or three separate pieces in mind, so we'll see what comes out!)
yeah, A5 is exactly what we want :)

and it's fine to put your zine name/website etc, it will be a good way to make sure everyone is credited properly and people can get in touch with you.

Hannah Faye said:
Half size is A5 right? (Just checking as I'm new-ish to zines, sorry if it's a ridiculous question).

Also, would it be okay to mention my zine on my page/s? Just the name and maybe my email address/address to my page on here.

Laura said:
probably should add this to the main post too, it's going to be half size so there's plenty of room for pictures :)

Wonderful. One more question: Is the format half-size? Quarter-size?

Laura Wilson said:
excellent! I have quite a few pieces in mind too, so if you fancy writing more than one we'd be happy to include them all, the more the better really :)

Awesome! I'll message you when it's ready. (I actually have two or three separate pieces in mind, so we'll see what comes out!)
Hey, would you be into a mini comic or something? I have a bunch of tattoos and I've been wanting to do a little comic about it-- I also tattoo myself so it would be about that process (about the general learning process of it, not a how to or anything) as well as about being a tattooed woman... I really dig the idea of this zine!
I wrote a fictional short story that I made up about a lady I saw on a bus with her face tattooed. It's kind of a judgemental story, meaning the story I came up with was because of the tattoos on her face. I myself am tattooed, and never meant the story to be negative or whatever, but it ended up that way. I guess it was kind of exploring what so many other people may have thought upon seeing her...Although at the end of the story I "corrected" and scorned myself. Would you like me to email the story to you?
Hey I think it is wonderful you are doing this! yay, I am super excited about it. I want to write something for you too.
Yes please do! Your tattoo looks absolutely amazing!

Jade Honeycutt said:
Hey I think it is wonderful you are doing this! yay, I am super excited about it. I want to write something for you too.
That would be great I'd love to give it a read!

Katie Thirkill said:
I wrote a fictional short story that I made up about a lady I saw on a bus with her face tattooed. It's kind of a judgemental story, meaning the story I came up with was because of the tattoos on her face. I myself am tattooed, and never meant the story to be negative or whatever, but it ended up that way. I guess it was kind of exploring what so many other people may have thought upon seeing her...Although at the end of the story I "corrected" and scorned myself. Would you like me to email the story to you?
hey, sorry it took a while to reply! i would LOVE to include a comic! it would be awesome to have something about the process of tattooing too!

Megan Speers said:
Hey, would you be into a mini comic or something? I have a bunch of tattoos and I've been wanting to do a little comic about it-- I also tattoo myself so it would be about that process (about the general learning process of it, not a how to or anything) as well as about being a tattooed woman... I really dig the idea of this zine!
I will put something together for you about "jailhouse" tattoos. Maybe a different perspective for you on how this process is generally a huge mistake. I know firsthand. X(
Just an alternate viewpoint for you.
ooh this sounds good!

Weepy Gonzales said:
I will put something together for you about "jailhouse" tattoos. Maybe a different perspective for you on how this process is generally a huge mistake. I know firsthand. X(
Just an alternate viewpoint for you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service