We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Somewhere to sleep for the London Zine Symposium?

Hey all,
I'm tabling at the London Zine Symposium this saturday (and running an artist trading card workshop), but I don't have anywhere to stay! My friend who I was going to stay with is going to be out of town and now I don't know what to do.

Do any of you happen to have some couch/floor space I could crash on saturday night? It would be greatly appreciated! I will give you zines!

-Matthew

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not in London, but I'm less than an hour and a half away by train. PM me if you like?
Also- I can vouch for Matthew- he came and stayed with us organisers at the Brighton Zinefest and didn't axe murder any of us.
I've found couchsurfing doesn't work that well for cities (recently had something 9/12 people not respond for Bristol, one maybe who didn't reply to my next email, and two nos).
But it looks like I'm staying with one of the organizers. Hurray.

Thank you Emma : )
... Really? Geez, Couchsurfing must be really different in Canada then, that sucks :( If you're ever over here, definitely don't lose hope, there's a lot of eager hosts!

Matthew Murray said:
I've found couchsurfing doesn't work that well for cities (recently had something 9/12 people not respond for Bristol, one maybe who didn't reply to my next email, and two nos).
But it looks like I'm staying with one of the organizers. Hurray.

Thank you Emma : )
I've used it in some towns in the UK (Leeds I had awesome hosts), and some killer small towns in America (you can read about some of my experiences in the zine I made about my bicycle trip from Vancouver to Portland last summer), but anywhere large was really hard. Drat! Boo hiss.
I wonder why that is, you'd think in bigger cities it'd be easier... well, seriously, Halifax is the easiest place to surf ever, so definitely do if you're ever here. Or heck, just stay with me. :) I'd love more zinesters to come visit here.

Matthew Murray said:
I've used it in some towns in the UK (Leeds I had awesome hosts), and some killer small towns in America (you can read about some of my experiences in the zine I made about my bicycle trip from Vancouver to Portland last summer), but anywhere large was really hard. Drat! Boo hiss.
Halifax is in Canada? I stayed with friends last time I was there. Now I am confused.
There's a Halifax in Yorkshire too (guess the one in canada is named after it)- like there's a (smallish, dull) Boston in Lincolnshire too.
Neat :) I knew of a couple in the US, but none over there. I love hearing about my twin cities.

Emma Jane Falconer said:
There's a Halifax in Yorkshire too (guess the one in canada is named after it)- like there's a (smallish, dull) Boston in Lincolnshire too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service