We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I was looking for zine resources when I came upon a post on yahoo answers... some people seem to think that zines are "not around anymore"

here's the link to the question and people's answers... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Atg4LoMJyV4HzDOtzhbBr7...

i don't know, I guess it just really bothered me... because here I am trying to see how to get people more aware and involved ot the zine culture... and i find people who actually knows about it but seem to think that zines simply vanished because of the internet. i think it's rather sad.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, the printing press is now the

'internet-press'
(graphically/'font-ic-ally')

so, in that sense, the OLD zine is dead.

some thousands, however, will always
like the folding-of-paper,
drawing, assemblage and
musing about their lives
and their ENTIRE SURROUND...,
but as governments/taxes/
communalism grows...re obama-ism
& UN-ism...

the hand-made zine will
occupy the itsy-bitsy-est
corner of.................???

computer-blackberry-internet
creativity...???

individuals who want to be FREE,
however, will have to guard against

FARENHEIT 451
&

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is the real REAL FIGHT coming down the pike

tim scannell
port angeles, wa
usa
The map now has 2 pins in Australia, 1 in Japan, a number across mainland Europe... probably more by the time you read this!
Wes White said:
The map now has 2 pins in Australia, 1 in Japan, a number across mainland Europe... probably more by the time you read this!

Still me, noone else seems to be adding anything:(
Stephanos said:
Wes White said:

call me a noob, but i couldnt seem to figure out how to post my location... LOL! and there arent a lot in the central part of US... weird... i mean none in texas (when i checked?)
I think you just have to add a postcode then click add to map? Maybe you have to have a google account and add it to your maps then it'll work? I don't have two accounts to double check! If not then IM me and I'll add it and try and work out a better way of doing things.

Denise said:
Stephanos said:
Wes White said:

call me a noob, but i couldnt seem to figure out how to post my location... LOL! and there arent a lot in the central part of US... weird... i mean none in texas (when i checked?)
Steve, I added mine, and I was going to add a few friends too, but I can't figure out how to change my blue dot into a coloured pin, and I don't want to bugger up your nice new map
I put mine on!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service