We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

What up, y'all?  Quick question.  I've been doing the zine thing for awhile (Proof I Exist 11 and 12 are out now), but am about to jump into the world of book-writing.  Has anyone here worked with any publishers?  What was it like?  Is it easier/better to just self-publish?  Here are a few I know off the top of my head, feel free to voice any/all opinions you may have of them as publishers:

Microcosm

Soft Skull

AK Press

any others?  thanx!

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they do such nice work

ManDuh said:
At SF Zine Fest last week Jesse Reklaw gave a talk on this topic, and he seems to strongly believe that it's much better to have someone else publish your book because then you only have to wear two hats rather than seven. He had a book published with Shambala--someone who worked there read his web comic and offered to publish a book for him, and he got an advance and everything.
wow, thank you to everyone! some good leads and good advice. yeah, i'd rather have someone else handle printing my stuff, but i've just never done that before....

rock on, thank you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service