We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I just discovered a way to shrink wrap zines that I thought I would share (I was trying to find a way to cheaply attach a bracelet to every one of my next issues of Squidling is Dancer).

basically all you need is a hair dryer, plastic wrap (the kind you store food with) and something to practice on (i used a wire bound notebook). All you do is wrap the object but make sure all the seams are in one place (ie, the side of the object, the middle, etc, there should be no stray seams), and then you blow dry the seams on maximum heat and they'll melt together! it takes a few minutes though, to get it to melt the right way. Make sure the ends/seams of the plastic wrap are touching, and if they arent, add smaller pieces over them so that there are no spaces that arent covered.

hope you enjoy, and if you have something that may work a bit better, let me know. :D

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so glad I could be of use!!<3 Let me know how it turns out~!
i thought it had to be some special plastic thing, no? I should try this later... i think we have the adhesive cling wrap though. :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service