We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Show us a photo of the zine you're currently working on

Starting to lay out the pages of a children's lit zine about Diana Wynne Jones

Views: 43

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well, the photo works, and that's exciting! But I wasn't given the option to rotate it, so it's turned the wrong way. Bummer!
ha, i don't ever cut cuz i don't do 1/4 sized, but stapling is definitely a pain. i wrote a zine about carpal tunnel last summer & stapling it was really hurting my wrists, and i was like, "i can't re-aggravate my wrists stapling a zine about carpal tunnel." so i found out that you can staple with yr feet! ever since i made that discovery my zine life has gotten about 20 times better.
ButtRagMag#5-Fever Dreams of a Prune Fiend-!
Attachments:
I just started doing layout. It's challenging. Everyone else's stuff looks great. It's exciting in an extremely nerdy way to know that there are other people out there doing the exact same thing I am!

Attachments:

I am finishing up Issue 2 of my perzine Portaging in Purgatory. It's about my parents, periods, feminism, and things that make me happy. It will be available for 2.00 on my etsy shop hotweinerdog.etsy.com or for trade.
Do you all do your pages as individual sheets? Mine are glued onto a4 sheets folded into quarters.
i scanned a pile of the finished pages for your pretty face is going straight to hell #6 a few weeks back for my blog:

i personally make a5 single/double pages and then copy them smaller and then glue them on double sided a4s with four pages on each side.
Emma Jane Falconer said:
Do you all do your pages as individual sheets? Mine are glued onto a4 sheets folded into quarters.

I have mine double sided as well, then after photocopying I cut them into quarter.
I do all my layouts on single pages, decided on the order and then paste them into the mock up that becomes to original. Sometimes I make a good flat from that and stick the original away in a file.

Dorian Shaw said:
Emma Jane Falconer said:

I have mine double sided as well, then after photocopying I cut them into quarter.
is that a page made out of aluminum foil? that is dope. i love all the diff types of paper you used. very inspirational.

Kate Pinchdog said:
Done the layout, hooray!

Obligatory cat + zine photog:

I'm working on ReWrite #5 (woo hoo!) and this is my workspace. The top of a 16x20 inch cardboard box with a board on top for slightly more stability. As you can see it's really messy, and to some extent that encourages creativity, but this level of mess mostly just deters me from zining. That's the back cover of #5 in the lower left hand corner, my zine clipping box in the top left hand corner, some unfinished garment stencils peeking out, some things I'm going to put in my zine, and various tools. yes, that is a shirtless muscular guy you see. If you look carefully you'll see a picture of a woman in a bikini next to his picture, and they're a set for some social commentary.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service