We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I just registered, anyone else going? Today is the last day to get the "early bird special" price- $45/half table...tomorrow they start charging $60. Get to it!

sfzinefest.com

Tags: fest, sf, zine

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We will be there...SUPER EXCITED!
O also, are you going to be selling your zines? Because we are, and I guess you have to fill out paper work for a permit to sell. We have yet to do that, but also kind of confused about some of the wording. If you have filled it out already, or know anything about it let us know.
$45 is a lot for only a half table and also having to get a California Seller license seems weird. I was offered part of a table by someone else so I might still go. We'll see. I'll have to find some PDX people to car pool down with.
I know, you can't beat Portland zine symposium prices. I don't know anything about the seller permit, I guess we do have to fill it out. I used to go to SF zine fest every year and I stopped when they did the permit thing...
We do have a pretty sweet deal hooking up with Portland State University. I'm surprised that more organizers don't try to see if they can work something similar out. I think I went to about 3 SF zine fests over the years and it was pretty fun but that was when it was still at cellspace.

Tina said:
I know, you can't beat Portland zine symposium prices. I don't know anything about the seller permit, I guess we do have to fill it out. I used to go to SF zine fest every year and I stopped when they did the permit thing...
eee, i have been spoiled by the tabling fees and general awesomeness of the buffalo small press fair...
Well, I hope that the sellers permit doesn't get in the way of anyone. We are still going to make it..Hopefully.
First I even heard of it!

A shame that for a half table you'd have to sell (more than) a full tables worth of zines to break even. That's not a zine fest anymore.
is it the one in august?
that's true.I probably wont break even, even if I sell all the zines i have in print right now :O

Grrrl Zines A-Go-Go said:
First I even heard of it!

A shame that for a half table you'd have to sell (more than) a full tables worth of zines to break even. That's not a zine fest anymore.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service