We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Anyone out there have a zine that has never seen the light of day?  I just finished a new perzine, read it over, and wanted to rip it up.  It was way too impersonal to be called a perzine.  I might redo it in the future, but for now, it just isn't what I want to be doing.

So.  Anyone else have "secret" zines?  What did you do with them?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have started a few that never made it to the layout stage. Just had a name and some writing for it. But, I have never made one all the way through and ripped it up, though sometimes I was tempted.

It is really hard to know I think when you are in the middle of it. It almost seems like you need months away from it to see it a little clearer.
I've had one zine that I didn't distribute because it was too personal but I made it anyway for cathartic reasons.
Very true, which is why I decided not to rip it up. But it's going to be in a drawer for a while, I think.

Krissy PonyBoy Press said:
I have started a few that never made it to the layout stage. Just had a name and some writing for it. But, I have never made one all the way through and ripped it up, though sometimes I was tempted.

It is really hard to know I think when you are in the middle of it. It almost seems like you need months away from it to see it a little clearer.
I have half a secret zine, it's full of sad feelings, happily hiding in my memory box. :)
there's a "missing" issue of motor city kitty-- #5. it was meant to be a split zine, so i went ahead and made my half, but the other person never made their's. i had gone ahead and started making my next issue, and didn't wanna publish my half of the split on its own, so i just kept on with making #6. i've still got the pages for #5 in a box somewhere, though. didn't rip them up. not sure i could ever do that!
I made one about how hurt I felt by the actions of a former friend and his addiction.
It was too personal and I wasn't sure if I wanted a copy to get into his hands.
I made a few copies, destroyed all but one copy, and that one copy lives with my socks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service