We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

i came across this campaign and thought I'd share. I think it's simple but sends a strong message... because it's though movements like these that we might actually start getting rid of discrimination.

check the campaign video here: http://www.thinkb4youspeak.com/

it will be worth your while :)

have a great day everyone!

Tags: LGBT, campaing, discrimination

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kate Pinchdog said:
What an awesome campaign! Hopefully it'll help folks to examine other hurtful or negative phrases used every day.

i know. i'm guilty of saying it though...and i never thought even gave it a second thought... :|
I'm nearly 40 and it was quite a revelation for me recently when it came to my attention that teenagers (and beyond) still use being gay as some kind of ultimate insult. A few years ago I heard somebody on the street (college-age) call somebody else a "faggot" in a derogatory manner and I was really surprised but I'd assumed it was a fluke! I thought the times had changed enough but I guess kids are still kids...

Oh, by the way, it's not my intent to pick on teenagers or college-age folks. It's a weird time in a person's development and they're still trying to figure it all out (hell, so am I). I'm guilty of my own potentially-damaging speech.
Rick Bradford said:
I'm nearly 40 and it was quite a revelation for me recently when it came to my attention that teenagers (and beyond) still use being gay as some kind of ultimate insult. A few years ago I heard somebody on the street (college-age) call somebody else a "faggot" in a derogatory manner and I was really surprised but I'd assumed it was a fluke! I thought the times had changed enough but I guess kids are still kids...

Oh, by the way, it's not my intent to pick on teenagers or college-age folks. It's a weird time in a person's development and they're still trying to figure it all out (hell, so am I). I'm guilty of my own potentially-damaging speech.

well, the thing is, some people don't even realize it. like it isnt even their main intent to insult... my friends and I say "that's gay" all the time with gay replacing lame... didn't really give it much thought until i saw the campaign... X|
Yeah, you're absolutely right. It's just a matter of stepping back and thinking about how one's actions affect others (something I'm still trying to get a grasp on myself).
"that's so gay" always represented to me "that's so happy", because that's what my gay friends reminds me. i feel bad because it's a way of prejudice too - i'm labeling gay people. but at least it's in a positive way.

but i never in my fucking life used "gay" in a negative form. that's stupid!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service