We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

We are happy to announce that the planning of Richmond Zine Fest for 2009 is underway! A date and venue have been confirmed! The Richmond Zine Fest will take place on November 6th from 7 PM til 11 PM and November 7th from 11 AM til 5 PM. This year the fest will be located in Gallery 5 at 200 West Marshall Street in the Jackson Ward neighborhood of Richmond, Virginia. We took into consideration all of the feedback that was given from the 2007 & 2008 zine fests and feel we made a really great decision with the new venue in reference to location, space, and mission.

When we were approached by Gallery 5 with interest into holding the zine fest in their facility, the idea was brought up to incorporate zines as an art into the First Friday Art Walk which is a largely popular event in Richmond. The evening of Friday November 6th will showcase zines in more of an exhibit setting. We also hope to include zine readings, music by zinesters, and a limited number of tablers on Friday evening. Saturday the 7th will be the zine fest you have grown to love in Richmond with many tablers, a lot of good networking, workshops, and fun.

More details will follow as we discover what 2009 has in store for the Richmond Zine Fest.

We know it is early but table registrations are OPEN!

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

awesome - will check the date on my calendar and ask for a table!
I would love to go to this!!
Even if you are unable to attend there still will be ways to participate in the art exhibit by submitting art and/or zines for our gallery showing.

We'll be posting more details on that in the coming weeks!
Table fees are due no later than September 30th in order to make sure the spot is completely reserved for the November date. That way, if there are people who do back out, we can fill those spaces up through the month of October.

Sarah said:
I'm bumping this up to say that we're quickly filling up the alloted 15 tables for the Friday night pre-zine fest event/exhibition. We only have 7.5 table spaces left.

Even if the event is not until November, if you're considering tabling & considering tabling Friday night or both Friday and Saturday, register for a table as soon as you can. We will probably not be collecting money until late September or sometime in October, so there's time to save up the money if you need to.div>
Oh, man. I can't wait for this. I think I'm bringing my friend ben with me. Should be a lot of fun.
Yep! We always have a pretty big free table for flyers and free zines.

Our mailing address is:

Richmond Zine Fest
P.O. Box 35501
Richmond, VA 23235

BestAvailable said:
I won't be able to make it down to Richmond, but are you guys going to have a flyer table? I would send some!
I really can't wait for this. It'll totally be worth the bus ride from New York!
Just to let you know we have had a couple of cancellations... so we have 3.5 Tables available for Saturday Nov. 7th.

Friday is still sold out!
is it past the flyer deadline?

NicoleIntrovert said:

Our mailing address is:

Richmond Zine Fest
P.O. Box 35501
Richmond, VA 23235

BestAvailable said:
I won't be able to make it down to Richmond, but are you guys going to have a flyer table? I would send some!
As long as you think they can make it here by Nov. 6th, that is fine!

Monstress Zine said:
is it past the flyer deadline?

NicoleIntrovert said:

Our mailing address is:

Richmond Zine Fest
P.O. Box 35501
Richmond, VA 23235

BestAvailable said:
I'm excited to attend this again! See you all soon!
I'm really excited about this too! I'll be there with bells on! What's the weather supposed to be like? I'm not sure what kind of clothes to pack. It's still short sleeve weather here in GA.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service