We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm doing my first cut and paste quarter page zine and I was wondering how others went about putting them together.

I have my 38 page (40 including front & back) template made up. Is there an easier way than creating the zine and then taping two halves together, creating full pages to make copies of? That seems like the easiest way to me but I wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't missing something obvious lol.

I hope I was clear enough in my question.

Views: 1003

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The way I do it is I figure out how many 8.5x11 sheets it's going to take to make the zine (total pages (40) divided by 8 (number of quarter sized pages on a 8.5 x 11 sheet front and back). So you'll be using 5 sheets. Now fold each sheet in half, then half a again. As for numbering, check out this diagram: http://www.undergroundpress.org/pdf/Zines101.pdf
Thanks Derek!
For cut & paste, I always make a dummy zine out of blank pages that are the size I want, and paste my content straight into it, in exactly the order I want the finished product to have. It really takes all the guesswork out of things. When you've got it the way you want, take out the staple and use clear tape to put your halves back together, then copy front and back to make a clean master sheet, which you can then run through the top feed if you like so your copies will be collated.
i make each separate page (for 1/4 size zine, this would be a 4.25" by 5.5" piece of paper) separately, get them in the order i want and arrange the pages on the copy machine, no tape.
this method is definitely easier when making the zine, harder when copying it. it allows you to change the order of pages easily, i like that.
I also agree with derek...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service