We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Portland Zine Symposium this weekend! Who's going?

For those who don't know, the 10th Annual Portland Zine Symposium is happening this coming weekend at the Peter W. Stott gym at Portland State University August 28th from 10am-5pm and August 29th from 10am-4pm: http://pdxzines.com/

Who is going to be there? what will you have there? what are you most excited for?

I will be there with my zines, All Things Ordinary #1-3.  I will also have free buttons for my blog http://www.overglued.com, as well as a box where people can drop off zines to be reviewed on Overglued.

I am most excited about tabling, as I have never tabled with one of my zines before.  Besides that, I'm excited about the zine distro workshop and the zinester's feud game Saturday night.

Tags: portland, symposium, zine

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will be there bringing along Click Clack Distro! I am most excited for two of the panels i am on, Running a Zine Distro and Planning a Zine Fest. I have never been part of a panel discussion before, so i am nervous and excited. VERY stoked on Zinester Feud too!!
Nicole, yay, will see you! I also have never been on a panel. Excited to be going.
I'd love to make it to the symposium someday. Unfortunately right now I'm uber poor and stuck in Colorado. Does anyone know if the Denver Zine Fest will ever come back?
For all attending the Portland Zine Symposium this weekend: Please post your "haul" lists!

What zines did you get? (And maybe how can we get copies as well?)

I'm always interested in reading what people pick up at zine and comic conferences. It seems like two lists are never the same.
i agree, I love these lists/pictures. I will definitely post mine!

Aj Michel said:
For all attending the Portland Zine Symposium this weekend: Please post your "haul" lists!

What zines did you get? (And maybe how can we get copies as well?)

I'm always interested in reading what people pick up at zine and comic conferences. It seems like two lists are never the same.
I'll be there with my zine, Miranda. I'm excited because I got a new issue done just in time for this. And also to see how things are different in the new venue, if more people show up. And I'm always interested to see who ends up tabling next to me.
I can't wait to find out who my neighbors are!!

Kate Haas said:
I'll be there with my zine, Miranda. I'm excited because I got a new issue done just in time for this. And also to see how things are different in the new venue, if more people show up. And I'm always interested to see who ends up tabling next to me.
I'm going! I'll be tabling with List (the new issue I just finished and various back issues), alongside my friend Eryca who will have her zine, My Little Friend.

I'll also be on the panel discussion about starting a zine fest!

Also totally can't wait to find out who my neighbors are, meet lots of longtime zine/online friends that i've never met in real life, re-unite with people i met at chicago zine fest, eat lots and lots of vegan food, and maybe get an impulse tattoo.
ooooh... an impulse tattoo sounds divine!!

ramsey everydaypants said:
and maybe get an impulse tattoo.
I'll be there! Tabling with my zine, Telegram Ma'am. I am SO excited to hang out with a bunch of my zinester friends who I've yet to meet in person, get a bunch of awesome zines, make new friends, explore the city, etc. I'll even be catching up with a few of my Canadian pals I haven't seen in far too long. See you in Portland!
I'll be at the symposium! I'm an organizer and this is a busy week!I have (technically) our last meeting tonight and then a contingent of 4 UK kids get in tonight. Tomorrow we have the first reading for the Zines On Toast tour. Friday we have an open house and open mic zine reading at the Independent Publishing Resource Center.

Saturday is the first day of the symposium. The workshops are now posted here. Saturday night we have Zinester Feud! It's like Family Feud (or Family Fortunes in the UK) If you have a minute I would love it if you could fill out the survey we have here asking questions about ziney things. That way, even if you can't make it to the symposium, you'll have a hand in making it great.

Sunday is the second day of tables and workshops. After that...my band plays with other zine and comic bands: The Tagalongs and Fun Yeti .Steve larder from Rum Lad zine has been hanging out at my house until the Zines On Toast tour and we decided to start a zine band! We have three songs recorded and ready and a 4th and possibly a 5th to play at the show. The set is like a zine with an intro song full of excused for why the band/zine is late, a likes/dislikes song, a song about stealing copies and an outro song! I'm excited and nervous. This band is the musical equivalent to 24 hour zine!
Alex, what time is the open mic at IPRC? I couldn't find any mention of it on their website or the Symposium site. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Alex Wrekk said:
I'll be at the symposium! I'm an organizer and this is a busy week!I have (technically) our last meeting tonight and then a contingent of 4 UK kids get in tonight. Tomorrow we have the first reading for the Zines On Toast tour. Friday we have an open house and open mic zine reading at the Independent Publishing Resource Center.

Saturday is the first day of the symposium. The workshops are now posted here. Saturday night we have Zinester Feud! It's like Family Feud (or Family Fortunes in the UK) If you have a minute I would love it if you could fill out the survey we have here asking questions about ziney things. That way, even if you can't make it to the symposium, you'll have a hand in making it great.

Sunday is the second day of tables and workshops. After that...my band plays with other zine and comic bands: The Tagalongs and Fun Yeti .Steve larder from Rum Lad zine has been hanging out at my house until the Zines On Toast tour and we decided to start a zine band! We have three songs recorded and ready and a 4th and possibly a 5th to play at the show. The set is like a zine with an intro song full of excused for why the band/zine is late, a likes/dislikes song, a song about stealing copies and an outro song! I'm excited and nervous. This band is the musical equivalent to 24 hour zine!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service