We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Who is going? What workshops do you want to see?

Views: 303

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would totally love to go! I saw this event at the LA zinefest, speed zine dating. I didn't get to make it to the event, but I am really intrigued by the concept. 

Maybe I should mention that the dates are August 10-11

I'll talk to the ZineWorks folks about doing that workshop at PZS. I herd it was super fun and went really well at LA zine fest.

This might be a dumb rookie question, but do people ask others to add a zine or two of theirs to a table at these symposiums in the event that they can't attend?  Or is this not a smiled upon practice?  I know the obvious answer must be "find a distro" but I am still curious. 

I'll probably go again.  I love the pdx zine symposium!  This time though, I hope I'll make it to the after party stuff.

Yes, I'm going (largely thanks to you). I aminterested in different binding, printing (physical construction) things you can do without buying special tools & equipment. You know, without having to go to an art supplies store or something.

@Big D, I've often seen people get tablers to "stock" (for lack of a better term) their zine if they can't make it.  I think there is usually a dedicated thread on the website, but that may be for splitting tables. Either way, you could probably find someone here.

Big D said:

This might be a dumb rookie question, but do people ask others to add a zine or two of theirs to a table at these symposiums in the event that they can't attend?  Or is this not a smiled upon practice?  I know the obvious answer must be "find a distro" but I am still curious. 

Thanks for the information Terri.  I'll have to keep an eye out as this gets closer and go from there.  Again, thanks much for the response!

Terri said:

@Big D, I've often seen people get tablers to "stock" (for lack of a better term) their zine if they can't make it.  I think there is usually a dedicated thread on the website, but that may be for splitting tables. Either way, you could probably find someone here.

Big D said:

If you know someone going to the event, they can put as many zines as they would like on their table space! Even before I started the Portland Button Works Distro I would bring zines from friends who weren't able to make it to the events I attended.

At the Portland Zine symposium we keep talking about having a table that is open to people who didn't get a registered table. The idea is that you would drop off 5 of your zines for the duration of the event and volunteer to sit behind the table for an hour or two so that each person gets a chance to table and to walk around and attend workshops.

Big D said:

Does anyone have any tips about setting up your table?

I really, really wish I could make it this year. If anyone is interested in displaying some of my zines, I would chip in for your table registration fee and bake you cookies. Message me here if you want to work something out. And have fun everyone!

Hi! My name is Nuria and I'm from Spain. I'm going to be in Portland for the Zine Symposium 2013. I'm travelling around and I thought it'd be great to go to this. I'm on my own so if anybody is going to meet up beforehand or is willing to show me around, I'd be more than happy :) See you there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service