We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Portland Zine Symposium 2010 Poster Art Call

PZS is looking for art submissions for the 2010 poster. This year's theme is "Zine Arcade" Your art submission should be your creative interpretation of that theme.
The guidelines are simple – We are looking for a 11" wide x 17" tall poster that will also be used in other formats (the web, post cards, buttons, stickers, etc), so your design needs to be visible and striking at multiple sizes and resolutions (or have smaller, breakaway pieces). The design will eventually be silk screened / screen printed onto t-shirts, so limit your colors to black, white and one other color. We encourage artists to use any medium or style. We strongly prefer that the choosen artist is able to assist us in the process of transferring (resizing / cropping / etc) the image multiple mediums.

Your design should include (or be able to include once all details are finalized) the following:

- the theme: Zine Arcade!

-the dates: August 28th-29th 2010

-the place: Portland State University Gysmnasium 

- the website (www.pdxzines.com)

- "10th Annual Portland Zine Symposium"

- "A conference and zine social exploring facets of independent publishing and DIY culture."

Submission deadline is March 15th. Submissions can be emailed to pdxzines@gmail.com (most strongly preferred), mailed (to PO Box 5901 Portland, OR 97228-5901), or dropped off at the IPRC.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love to help out on this... but i havent got a clue what to do for that theme... so we'll see if i come up with something. Or hopefully someone awesome with graphics would bump into this discussion. good luck though. :)
Where did you get that from?

Joe Biel said:
can you blow this one up?
looks like he found it here: http://community.livejournal.com/pdxzines/69492.html

Krissy PonyBoy Press said:

Joe Biel said:
I'd love to attend the "how cheap is too cheap ?" thing

Joe Biel said:
No matter where it was discovered, that's still pretty awesome. It really reminds me of the first zine I stumbled upon in a comic book shop as a teen back in 1986. (Yeah, 1986... I'm that old.)

Derek Neuland said:
looks like he found it here: http://community.livejournal.com/pdxzines/69492.html

Krissy PonyBoy Press said:

Joe Biel said:
less than a month to submit art!
deadline is March 15th, a week from tomorrow. get your submissions in!
today is the deadline for the art call! get your submissions in!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service