We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hello everyone!

Rebekah (of Pony Express, Monkey Business, and other zines) and I are starting a zine library/reading room here in Philadelphia. Yippee! We're working on applying for space for it now, and we're beginning to compile zines for the collection. So I thought I'd post here and ask you all to donate a copy of your zine, or pass along any zines you no longer want to hold onto. I will keep you all informed of the progress of this project so you'll know exactly what 's happening with your donated zines. Thank yas! Any questions, just email me or Rebekah. http://wemakezines.ning.com/profile/Rebekah

Here's my mailing address: Katie, PO Box 284, Jenkintown, PA 19046, USA.

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW! Katie! This is great! I want to hear all about this project (especially how it is being funded!)

I will send y'all a complete collection of all Chantel zines. Heck, next time I go to the copy shop, I will even make a copy of the enormous Femmenstruation Rites Rag!

WAY TO GO!
I will definitely be sending you a big stack of zines soon!
Thanks ladies! We will gratefully accept all zine donations and emotional support! Nicole, I'm sorry I missed the chat yesterday. I'd intended to join in but then I went along with my sister on an impromptu visit to Valley Forge 'cause the weather was nice here. What did y'all talk about? Maybe you'll do another one? p.s. Chantel, that is a really cute picture.
Katie said:
Thanks ladies! We will gratefully accept all zine donations and emotional support! Nicole, I'm sorry I missed the chat yesterday. I'd intended to join in but then I went along with my sister on an impromptu visit to Valley Forge 'cause the weather was nice here. What did y'all talk about? Maybe you'll do another one? p.s. Chantel, that is a really cute picture.

The chat was great...we hopped around a lot on topic but still was so nice to freely talk zines and everyone knew what you were talking about!! I will host another soon, for sure.

On question about the reading room... will you also take books so long as they fit the zine theme... such as anthologies and stuff?
NicoleIntrovert said:
The chat was great...we hopped around a lot on topic but still was so nice to freely talk zines and everyone knew what you were talking about!! I will host another soon, for sure.

On question about the reading room... will you also take books so long as they fit the zine theme... such as anthologies and stuff?

Oh, nice. Talking shop with other zinesters is important! There's only so many times I can make my family listen to me yammer on about something they don't really understand. :) As for our plans for this library, yes, I think books are an important resource and I plan to donate a couple to our collection. I have an extra copy of Make a Zine!, for instance, and I might contribute a copy of the current Zine Yearbook too. Oh! And Stolen Sharpie! I should get a copy of that too. So to answer your question, we will gratefully accept a donation of a zine book. I'll reimburse you for the postage. <3
I just went through my zines and pulled out duplicates, as well as the complete Chantel collection (let me know if I left anything out) to send to y'all for this project. I hope it helps. And I WILL send a copy of the Femmenstruation Rites Rag eventually. I haven't made a copy of that one in so long...not sure how many copies are floating around out there or if any of them are in zine libraries.
BestAvailable said:
We will totally donate our zines and comics. Cause we love you guys.

Hooray, I know I speak for Rebekah too when I say we love you guys right back! I hope you will want to be involved in different ways. None of this actually exists yet, but our idea is to host events, like readings and workshops and what have you. So basically we can all just hang out and dress like sexy librarians and educate the community about zines. Yesss.
Count us in!
Awesome, Katie! I have a ton of stuff to send you two, and I would love to come visit when you're ready! :)
I will hand deliver a box of zines! Keep me posted.
All of you are awesome. Thanks for being a part of this. Another thing I should add: We want to serve our WHOLE community by including as many zines as we can get our hands on in languages other than English. I have some already - a punk zine in Russian, a few personal zines in Portuguese ... I think that's it. So anyone on here who has a non-English-language zine, please consider donating a copy. Thank you!
This is really exciting! There is a pretty big zine library in Seattle at the Hugo House. I have a zine that I made that I could donate, and would love to get involved or come visit the space!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service