We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I searched for this answer in the forum but I didn't come up with anything (in some cases too many results!), so forgive me if this question has already been answered.

Can someone recommend an ecommerce pdf distributor that they have had good experience with? I'm mainly looking for a company or software to install that handles the email distribution (or a unique link for the buyer to pick up the file), and I may be able to code the payment options like Paypal and Google Checkout.

Haven't done this before so hoping to get it right the first time around. If anyone has done this, do you have any tips or suggestions to offer?

Thanks in advance! This is a great community and I've already learned so much just browsing the site.

-f

Tags: ecommerce, pdf, selling

Views: 155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how is this zine related?
Hmmm, maybe I'm completely dense, but I've seen people distribute zines in pdf form, as well as print. I love the tangible copy of a zine to represent the hard work, but I wanted to be realistic with international distribution and offer an electronic version to get over the shipping cost hurdle. I'm a web/gadget geek too, which may explain why I have very little media in my house except for special published items.

Apologies if this question isn't relevant here, but I thought it was a logical question. :/

Cheers,

f
The vast majority of the people here publish paper zines only. Most of us are highly opposed to having zines on the internet. I can't imagine anyone paying for a PDF of a zine. Then again... people have those Kindle things now... who knows.

I think you probably would get your question better answered around people who don't think "E-Zines" are the devil.
Kindles, Nooks, iPhones, crackberries and the ...iPad. Shame on me for working in the tech industry and loving gadgets. I do understand why some may not want to distribute ezines, but I've seen some great ones, mostly distributed for free, on the internet.

I'm looking at it as an option, not the main method of distribution.

But if as you say my idea is speaking of the devil, I can see that this is not the right place to ask this question.

Cheers,

-f

NicoleIntrovert said:
The vast majority of the people here publish paper zines only. Most of us are highly opposed to having zines on the internet. I can't imagine anyone paying for a PDF of a zine. Then again... people have those Kindle things now... who knows.

I think you probably would get your question better answered around people who don't think "E-Zines" are the devil.
I thought this was a fine place to ask this question, I just don't know anything about it.
I'd definitely pay for a PDF zine.
Well.. You could host the file on your own server and use password protection or something like that..

I think doing it through email would be hard.
Yeah I think it's a relevant question. There are people on here who do e-zines. I don't have an answer...but I'm curious about it now.
I've never distributed an e-zine in PDF but I did buy one from Aid and Abet . I have no idea how they did it, but you might be able to email them and ask about the process... I know that when I bought it, I clicked a link that sent me to a Paypal page and then was sent an email with a link based from this site: http://www.e-junkie.com/

And...this IS zine related.
You'll probably find more information on the internet (and in bookstores/libraries), I realized, if you search for things about selling/distributing "ebooks."
Thank you S.M! e-junkie looks really great. No transaction fees, just a monthly. $5/mo is the lowest pricing. Anyone who is interested, the pricing and info is here: http://www.e-junkie.com/ej/pricing.htm

Much appreciated.
I greatly prefer paper zines and have zero interest in reading from a PDF but I'm not so sure they're of the devil. It's funny how folks can be so opposed to e-zines while reading blogs and posting on message boards...
You're welcome! Glad it helped.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service