We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

For those of you who use PayPal on your websites:

I understand how people give you money, but how do you get the recipient's mailing address? Do they have to send it to you separately? I'm very confused.

I'm using webs.com for my zine's website and it has it's own "shop" sort of thing, but it doesn't seem like there's a form you fill out with your mailing address. Though I'm not completely sure.

This probably sounds really dumb, but please help if you can!

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when you sign up for paypal, you include a mailing address in all the contact info you give to paypal. when you send someone money, they receive the mailing address too (unless you, the sender, click the "no mailing address needed" box). it's all automated. that's why it's important to remember to change the address on your paypal account if you move.

if you're sending money without using a shopping cart system, you also have the option of including a note to the seller, & you can write your mailing address there.

hope this helps.
Right, it comes in the notice of 'you have cash', right there on the screen so you don't have to ask them separately...unless they want it sent to a different address. They'll tell you in the message if that's the case.
I also had questions about paypal- so what's with the bank account thing? I have given money over paypal. SO what does it want when you recieve money?
if you connect your bank account to paypal, you can tranfer your paypal balance into your bank account. this is really only useful for people who are receiving more money than they are really going to spend via paypal, like folks who receive tons of orders, people who sell a lot on ebay, etc. but it can be useful for buyers too--if your paypal account is connected to your bank account, you can use the money in your checking account to make payments. there's really no downside to it that i have yet found, & i've been using paypal for over ten years. paypal takes a bite out of every payment you receive, but it's fairly negligible. i'm sure it adds up quick for paypal, but whatever.
Though to prevent paypal taking a cut yo can ask people to send payment as "personal payment owed" and there's some other option where paypal take no cut though I forget what it is. Obviously if you use it a lot they may catch on...

ciaraxyerra said:
if you connect your bank account to paypal, you can tranfer your paypal balance into your bank account. this is really only useful for people who are receiving more money than they are really going to spend via paypal, like folks who receive tons of orders, people who sell a lot on ebay, etc. but it can be useful for buyers too--if your paypal account is connected to your bank account, you can use the money in your checking account to make payments. there's really no downside to it that i have yet found, & i've been using paypal for over ten years. paypal takes a bite out of every payment you receive, but it's fairly negligible. i'm sure it adds up quick for paypal, but whatever.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service