We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Okay guys, I finally got around to figuring out PayPal. I purchased a few awesome things I'd been eying on Etsy, and thought everything was going great.

And then I got an email saying my account had been limited. (And limited, it seems, really means... shut down.)

Now, I'm new to PayPal. Signed up two days ago. And I'm not exactly internet buying savvy. I can't understand the steps to fix it, or really why it happened. I emailed PayPal for help, but they simply sent me back the instructions that are on the site, and apologized. I would call them, but they're not open during times I'm not in school/work for the next few days, and they've put a lock on my last two transactions, which I'd like to have completed.

If anyone's experienced this, or is just really familiar with PayPal (I know there's a few of you out there!) and could explain how to solve this in simple language, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd contacted them about a payment that hadn't transfered to be 'available' when it said it was in and ready for me - it turned out that their server had gone down due to something at their end, and it took 2 days to be available.

And I contacted them later about a discrepancy in what I thought was the total though that turned out to be my error. Both times they were helpful.

What I'd recommend is responding back with the person's name and reasking the question very clearly, if it still needs to be resolved. Otherwise, if the problem was actually fixed, just let it go.
I hope it's been fixed... I really don't know. It says "complete" but it also says "requires my action" and the sellers say it hasn't gone through. I guess I'll just leave it for a few more days and see what happens.

Elaine said:
I'd contacted them about a payment that hadn't transfered to be 'available' when it said it was in and ready for me - it turned out that their server had gone down due to something at their end, and it took 2 days to be available.

And I contacted them later about a discrepancy in what I thought was the total though that turned out to be my error. Both times they were helpful.

What I'd recommend is responding back with the person's name and reasking the question very clearly, if it still needs to be resolved. Otherwise, if the problem was actually fixed, just let it go.
Well, if it says complete, try to withdraw it. If no $ amount shows up in your field on that screen to forward to your bank account then wait a few days.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service