We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Okay guys, I finally got around to figuring out PayPal. I purchased a few awesome things I'd been eying on Etsy, and thought everything was going great.

And then I got an email saying my account had been limited. (And limited, it seems, really means... shut down.)

Now, I'm new to PayPal. Signed up two days ago. And I'm not exactly internet buying savvy. I can't understand the steps to fix it, or really why it happened. I emailed PayPal for help, but they simply sent me back the instructions that are on the site, and apologized. I would call them, but they're not open during times I'm not in school/work for the next few days, and they've put a lock on my last two transactions, which I'd like to have completed.

If anyone's experienced this, or is just really familiar with PayPal (I know there's a few of you out there!) and could explain how to solve this in simple language, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ANY legit email from Paypal will have your name in it, they don't send generic emails out.

Yes, the phishing things come regularly, but they never ever will be using your real name at the start of the message.
They did use my name so I'm pretty sure it's legit, but I wish they could explain further why this happened... oh well.

Elaine Moertl said:
ANY legit email from Paypal will have your name in it, they don't send generic emails out.

Yes, the phishing things come regularly, but they never ever will be using your real name at the start of the message.
Use the 'contact us' button and email them.

I've emailed questions in the past and got answers to them within 2 days.
I did, actually, and was giving no additional information. They sent me the instructions to resolve it, and apologized. I just really wanted to know what had happened and how I can prevent it in the future.

Elaine Moertl said:
Use the 'contact us' button and email them.

I've emailed questions in the past and got answers to them within 2 days.
I haven't confirmed my bank account either. IS it optional?
The only thing I know is that, in the past couple of years, PayPal has gotten really trigger-happy with new accounts. There's not a lot of explanation as to why they limit the accounts but I think it's only for a specific time period. Did your communications suggest that the account would be back to normal after x-amount of time?

I think PayPal's kind of a fraud magnet and they've gotten more proactive lately about trying to head it off at the pass...
no, it didn't... they just said I'd have to confirm my bank account. So I did, and it said things were working again, though it seems to still have a hold on my last two transactions... I'm going to have to call them soon if it doesn't clear up. paypal doesn't seem as easy as everyone told me it was!

Rick Bradford said:
The only thing I know is that, in the past couple of years, PayPal has gotten really trigger-happy with new accounts. There's not a lot of explanation as to why they limit the accounts but I think it's only for a specific time period. Did your communications suggest that the account would be back to normal after x-amount of time?

I think PayPal's kind of a fraud magnet and they've gotten more proactive lately about trying to head it off at the pass...
... well, first of all, I'm not six, so I'm not going to "get my mummy to help." plus, she can barely send an email.
please don't say anything unless you're going to actually offer useful information.

kitty magic said:
get your mummy to help you!!! thats wat id do!!!
I forget, was this your first useage of the account? It took almost a week before my payments were smoothed out when I first started, after that I've had NO problems in the past 4 years. Dealing with the e-checks were a little strange, but all the other money transfers, money requests and posts all went smoothly.

If the problem was resolved, you should be fine. I think only the new accounts may have a small waiting list.
yes, it was within my first couple days of using it. I'm glad to hear it clears up. It says everything should be fine now, but one of my payments is still being held... I guess I'll contact them again and see what happens. Thanks for all your help!

Elaine Moertl said:
I forget, was this your first useage of the account? It took almost a week before my payments were smoothed out when I first started, after that I've had NO problems in the past 4 years. Dealing with the e-checks were a little strange, but all the other money transfers, money requests and posts all went smoothly.

If the problem was resolved, you should be fine. I think only the new accounts may have a small waiting list.
The e-checks are held till the check clears with paypal so the money is not available immediately, they just notify you that it came in, another notice will come when it clears at their end.

I've had two that were held normally for some reason, not sure if it was the holiday or the fac the person was a new user. All the money does clear though. Just give it a day.
Is PayPal known to be useful, customer service wise? I'm just not finding them helpful at all, almost to the point where it's funny. I'd emailed asking what additional steps they wanted me to take to free my transactions, as it said in big letters "awaiting your action" but there seemed to be nothing I could do... and got this answer.

Thank you for taking time to contact PayPal, my name is Sarah Jane and I
will be happy to assist you with your concern. I would like to let you
know that you are valuable to us and it is our greatest priority to
resolve your concern.

Thank you for the email and you are welcome! We are pleased to have you
as a member of the PayPal community. If you need assistance in the
future, you can contact customer service by email by clicking "Contact
Us" at the bottom of any PayPal page. Thank you for using PayPal!

If you have more questions, please visit our website www.paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Sarah Jane
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

... So... that... wasn't an answer at all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service