We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Papernet Gazet: New mail art listing PDFzine

I'm playing around with the idea of a new mail art and papernet listing PDFzine called the Papernet Gazet.

I really miss Global Mail, and I think papernet info online is too widely distributed to be contextual or comprehensive. Not sure where I see Papernet Gazet going long term, but I pledge to at least three issues of this PDFzine, and then I'll reassess.

The basic idea is that it'll be available solely as a PDF. Copies will be sent to participants who include an email address in their listing. I'll let folks know how to get the PDF otherwise. And people will be able to freely distribute the PDF as they see fit once they get a copy.

If you'd like to participate, the basic form is at http://tinyurl.com/papernet-gazet

I'm also looking for 2-3 columnists, fillustrators (people to submit little illos to fill empty spaces), and cover artists. If you'd like in on that action, let me know, as well.

Heath

Tags: PDFzines, e-zines, mail art, zines

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm no longer playing around, the first issue of Papernet Gazet -- a new zine about mail art and related projects -- is done!

The first issue of Papernet Gazet is now available. It should be attached to this post.

Features a great color cover by Donald R. Anderson and artwork by Fabio Sassi.

Next issue's out in September 2009. Let me know what you think!

Still looking for columnists and listings for #2. Cover and inside art, too.

Feel free to send this PDF to anyone and everyone.

Heath
Attachments:
Is there an online link to direct people to the PDF? I have a couple of forums i would like to post it to.
NicoleIntrovert said:
Is there an online link to direct people to the PDF? I have a couple of forums i would like to post it to.

I don't actually have it uploaded anywhere yet. Folks can request it via email -- or download it from here and We Make Zines in Ning. I'm looking around for an easy way to make it downloadable -- just uploaded it here, but I'm not sure how sustainable that is. (I don't even seem to be able to download the file; boohiss, FileFactory!)

Anyone want to host it?
I've also uploaded the zine to Issuu at http://issuu.com/h3athrow/docs/papernetgazet1

I'm starting work on the September issue now, so if folks would like to submit listings, http://tinyurl.com/papernet-gazet is the place to go!

If anyone would like to submit a brief column or article on mail art, cover art, etc., I'd be jazzed.
I would like to submit a little article. I'll start working on it this weekend!

I will also be submitting a listing.

Neat project you've got going on here. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service